“Amateurish and terrible food!”

The Murder Mystery Company in Milwaukee
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Looking to Solve the Case of the Perfect Party?Here's a clue! The Murder Mystery Company is the nation's most popular, interactive, mystery troupe.
Reviewed 15 June 2013

The actors a the murder Mystery dinner show at Serb Hall tried to make the show fun, but it was really not worth the time or money depended. The dinner was absolutely terrible! Chicken was dry, crappy salad, canned corn, and cake that was a waste of calories. I was there after having purchased a groupon, but even at half price, I feel ripped off!

1  Thank LuannL_13

Reviewed 23 March 2013

We took our mom here for the first time, and it was so much fun. The actors were great at improvising when the audience participants didnt know what to do, and they really helped everyone feel involved. While the venue at Serb Hall may not be "fancy" the food was good. There was even one person at our table that didnt eat from buffets so they ordered a separate meal ahead of time. I would gladly go to this show again, it was fun, made me laugh, and was well written and acted. Good event for a group of friends!!

Reviewed 30 August 2012

Mike & Robbie were so much fun! They made our 20 Anniversary Party a riot! I would recommend this company! They were able to get everyone involved and the 2 1/2 hours just flew by! We had never done this type of party before, but we will be doing it again! Thank you so much for making our day fun!

Reviewed 12 June 2012

We did not know what to expect at first. It was somewhat like the board game "Clue". Once we got the hang of it, it was fun, but I think it could have been explained a little better, for those who had never done something like this before. I think I would probably do it again some day.

3  Thank Debbie J
See more reviews
Reviewed 12 June 2012

There were plenty of red flags that I ignored hoping this show would be fun. I am hoping this review would deter anybody from making our mistake.

First, the venue was terrible. The venue was Serb Hall on Oklahoma Avenue. It was dark, dingy and dirty. Another major red flag: Nobody took my ticket or asked me for any proof that I paid to attend. Anybody who may want to check out this show can literally waltz right in and see the show for free (not that I would recommend doing it). So, if you have two hours kill, why not?

Second, the food was like hospital food. Canned vegetables, mashed potatoes and over-chicken. I felt like I was eating at a retirement facility.

Third, the show was pretty lame. They had probably half a dozen props. I could probably dig up more props in my basement. The cowboys had jeans and sneakers on (seriously?). The actors were remarkably terrible and the jokes were funny only you were 5 years old. The show was unorganized and uneventful. Seemed like much of it was just thrown together with a generic script.

Fourth, the price was ridiculously high even. Worse part was, we got discounted tickets. We paid $57 dollars with a groupon and still thought we got ripped off! Full price would have been $120 dollars!! I don't think me and my wife could have spent $60 with our best efforts going to the neighborhood Olive Garden or Chili's. Yet, we paid $57 to get canned vegetables and over-cooked chicken. There was also a bonus!! Paying the high price of $57 (or $120 if you really got suckered) doesn't even get you beverages. I had to pay $3.50 for me and my wife to have pepsi with our meals. If I paid $120 for a dinner theater with crappy food I would at least expect to get soda included. Nope.

I am really dumbfounded on where all their ticket revenue goes. It sure doesn't pay for the food! Couldn't have gone to props or the actors, the show had rummage sale props and actors who didn't seem like they even wanted to be working. My wife and I walked out of the show half way through the show. Waste of time, waste of gas and wast of money. Felt completely ripped off.

I don't want to be a total bummer. Perhaps this show was more designed for elderly and and way overpriced. I would say if the tickets were $10 or $15 a piece I might send my grandparents to go see it. Otherwise, I will be sure to never see this show again and highly discourage anyone from attending.

12  Thank Sparx169