All reviews washer dryer golf course the main lodge pleasantly surprised at how nice blu ray player platinum member time share living room horseback riding playboy club outdoor pool planned activities full kitchen dishes and utensils fitness center son in law king bed
Reviewed 19 June 2018

Older rooms but clean. The bed was extremely uncomfortable and we had to leave early due to my wife’s back hurting. We asked for another room and bed but they said the only option was for them to put a feather topper on the mattress which didn’t help:(. The area in general was very quaint and we had a great afternoon at lake Geneva downtown. We will need t be staying here again unless the mattresses are changed or upgraded.

Stayed: August 2017
HIClubCounselor, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations at Lake Geneva Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2018

We're sorry to hear you were disappointed in your stay at Lake Geneva Resort. It's certainly always our goal to be sure our guests are comfortable. We're sorry that we were unable to resolve the issue with the mattress in your unit. All of our buildings and units are renovated on a schedule every few years, and we hope you'll give us your consideration for a future trip to Lake Geneva. Thank you for sharing your comments.

Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

Lake Geneva, Wi 6/13-6/15
Resort owner that will never come back to this location! Not a relaxing 2 day vacation at all! So let's start by saying the layout of the 1 bedroom unit is horrible. You walk in from outside straight into the bedroom then walk into a hallway leading to bathroom, kitchen, living area. Talk about a completely backwards layout! We were forced to stay in building 2 (and by forced, I tried 3 times to change rooms). We went outside on our balcony only to find 7 beehives and bees all over. Maintenance came and sprayed but they're still there. We started out our morning at 6am with the delivery truck reverse beepers backing up the there delivery docks. And this lasted all morning long until late in the afternoon. So not only did my family not get to sleep in at all. After spending most the day at the water park everyone needed a nap only to be interrupted by constant beeping again. After that I tried again to change rooms and was told basically the only room left available wouldn't be any different from the poor accommodation I was already given and my only other option was to leave the resort if I wanted a place to relax. So instead of a 2 night stay we decided to just leave and get better accommodations at a different resort. I have stayed at dozens of resorts and hotels and I've never been so disappointed in Holiday Inn as I am right now.

Stayed: June 2018, traveled with family
HIClubCounselor, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations at Lake Geneva Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2018

We're so sorry to hear of all of the disappointments you encountered during your stay at Lake Geneva Resort. This just doesn't sound like us, and we'd like to try to help. We sent you a private message so that we might address your experience more personally. Thank you for sharing your comments.

Reviewed 14 June 2018

My family & I wanted to get away for a long weekend and picked HI Club at Geneva. My Daughter and her husband, my son and his wife and 2 1/2 year old, and I got a double room with a lockout. So we had 2 bedrooms with Kings and 2 hide-a-beds. I took the later.
The rooms are well appointed, as most HIC's are, and served us well. We cooked breakfast and lunch in and went out for dinner.
The high rise (3 floors) are right on the 1st hole of one of the Grand Geneva resorts 2 courses. So you have something to watch besides the TV. The HIC has it's own pool complex with a nice pool, hot tub, and childrens splash pool. They also had some planned activities for children and adults that you can sign up to participate. Additionally, they sell snacks and drinks, if you want.
You have access to all of the Grand Geneva Resort. They have restaurants, pools, golf, tennis, and other facilities available. Including a paved landing strip for small planes and ski area and ice rink in colder weather.
The city of Lake Geneva is only a couple miles away and offers plenty of shopping and dining places. Also, the boat tours of the lake and it's history and residence architecture are worth exploring.

• Stayed: June 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed 11 June 2018

I'm a firm believer that the true test of any business is their response when things don't go well - in our case, we had two such issues:

1. On day 3 of our stay, our room key didn't work. I called the main number (on our key card) and in 5 minutes, a safety officer came to our room. He verified our ID to confirm it was our room, explained that the battery had gone dead in the proximity lock, replaced the battery, confirmed our key cards now worked, and gave us a voucher for two free beverages from the onsite Starbucks.

2. My daughter's eyeglasses broke (rough-housing with her brother). I went to the front desk and the onsite gift shop, explained the issue, and asked if they had any tape or glue we could use as a temporary solution. They did not have glue, but the gift shop employee provided us with (free) tape from her storage drawer and helped us fix her glasses. They were very kind and helpful in a trying situation.

Now for the standard review items:
- Rooms were clean, updated, and comfortable.
- Grand Geneva amenities (within walking distance) were top-notch; my husband enjoyed a massage and we used the pool daily.
- Onsite childcare is provided (for a fee), both at the daycare center and also in-room (subject to availability). We did not take advantage of this, but met one of the daycare providers, who was friendly, well-trained, and cared for the two little girls in her care as though they were her own. I wouldn't have known she was a "babysitter" unless she told me.
- Activities: we did hiking, swimming, the playground, and gym/fitness center (all free), and horseback riding at Dan Patch Stables. Next time, we plan to mountain bike (rent or bring your own), and also do archery (bring your own bow or rent).

• Stayed: June 2018, traveled with family

We're delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Lake Geneva Resort, in spite of a couple of early glitches! It's always our goal to be sure our guests are comfortable and receive outstanding service.

Your kind words will be shared with the team, and we hope you'll be back to see us again soon, next time you're in Lake Geneva! Thanks for sharing your comments.

Reviewed 31 May 2018

Stayed one night, like to have stayed longer, but no openings available through the RCI exchange.
Had a nice view of the golf course, no time to try that.
The rooms were nicely laid out, and furnished, more than enough room for the 2 of us.

• Stayed: May 2018, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with RCI