“The "Place" If You are into Cherry's”
Review of Country Ovens

Country Ovens
Reviewed 31 August 2015

Many of their products can be found through Door County. BUT this is a nice small business in a quaint town and worth a stop. You will find their prices are 15-20% better the all of Door County. The tart cherry juice was 4.99 a quart and Costco sells it for 20.00 a quart. The chocolate cover cherry's are wonderful.

JeremyPasz, Marketing Coordinator at Country Ovens, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2017

Thank you for your kind review and appreciation for our products and prices. we pride ourselves on offering a great product that is healthy at a great price. We would like to personally invite you to our annual Cherry De-Lite Festival on July 15th, 2017 to help us as we celebrate our 30th anniversary in business.

All reviews
"vents"
"samples"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 15 May 2015 via mobile

This small shop specializes in dried cherry products including chocolate - covered cherries, pie cherries, and a quality trail mix with cherries, blueberries, cranberries, pistachios, walnuts, cashews, and pecans. Multiple samples are available. The staff was very friendly, but the owner was a little stand-offish.

Thank you for your kind review and we apologize for not responding sooner. We are recently working with Trip Advisor and wanted to be sure that we reach out to you and let you know that we received your review. We would also like to personally invite you to join us on July 15th, 2017 to help us celebrate our 30th anniversary.

Reviewed 14 June 2012

In doing my research (which I did a LOT of) before leaving for Door County I had read that this place was a "must see." I would NOT classify it as such. EVERYTHING you see here is sold in other stores throughout Door County at similar prices. I expected a larger shop with factory tours. This was a small shop, that had a few simple samples to try out. Nothing to see, nothing to experience, just a gift shop.

Had we known this, we would not have driven ten miles out of our way to visit this place. I know that we were about a week early for tourist season, but I expected something completely different. Basically it's a shop that sells dried cherries. If you expect anything more, you'll be disappointed.

I do have to say this: there were LOTS of samples of their products to taste and try in the store. The juices were super tasty as were the chocolate covered cherries. We bought some of each and enjoyed them but again, you could find the same stuff all over Door County.

1  Thank AmyJoPeterson

Hello,

Thank you for your review. I first want to apologize for the late response. We are just recently working with Trip Advisor and realized that there were some reviews and I wanted to make a point to thank those that took time out to leave us feedback. Positive or negative, we want to hear what we do well and what we can do better. I also want to apologize that your experience was not what you expected. We as a company would love to offer tours and show how our wonderful Cherry De-Lite dried cherries are made. Unfortunately regulations prevent us from allowing customers into the production facility to ensure food safety. For that reason we do offer the video tour that takes you on a voyage from harvesting cherries in Door County, to pitting and washing, all the way to the final stage of drying and packaging in our facility. We would like to personally invite you to our annual Cherry De-Lite Festival on July 15th, 2017. This event is our way of saying thank you and providing active day of food, family and fun to share with our customers. Hope to see you there.

Reviewed 26 September 2007

Thursday, August 9, 2007 ~ What a pleasant surprise. We had stopped for a restroom break at a McDonalds/Gas Station. He saw a little pamphlet about this delightful little all cherries market. I paid for my bag of cheese curds while he planned a little side stop. Somewhere on WI 42. If your travels take you near this cute little shoppe, drop in...treats galore ! Turns out we had missed the cherry harvest by 2 weeks.

1  Thank dc2837998

Thank you for your wonderful review. We appreciate your willingness to make the trip outside of your route to visit us. I want to apologize for are very late response. We are just recently working with Trip Advisor and did not realize there were reviews out there on this site. We would also like to personally invite you to our annual Cherry De-Lite Festival on July 15th, 2017 to help us celebrate our 30th anniversary. We hope to see you there.