Stonewall Resort
  • Restaurant
Centennial Motel(Buckhannon)
Baxa Inn(Buckhannon)
1,290 results
All reviewsgolf coursefire pittj muskiespaddle boatsarnold palmeroutdoor activitiesbeautiful lakebreakfast buffethiking trailswest virginiastate parkthe cottagesactivity centerhot tubgift shoprelaxing weekendspa services
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

After all the TripAdvisor reviews about construction noise, I contacted the resort in advance and asked: when will it be finished? They gave me a tentative date, and told me to contact them later. I did - three times - and finally, after discovering that noise was still an issue but that I could request a room 'away from the construction,' I decided to cancel. Meanwhile, I kept getting emails that said, 'You haven't made a reservation yet! Please come back and make a reservation!' (I HAD... so I deleted the emails.)

Since my cancellation - which was no problem at all, except that if you DON'T cancel 7 days in advance, you are charged for one night's stay! - I have received numerous emails thanking me for my stay, and asking me to come back again sometime. Today they requested that I put a review on TripAdvisor. So... I am doing so. Maybe someone can learn something from this experience - like, DON'T give them your email address. It doesn't matter if you stay there or not; they will flood your inbox!

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
swolverton, Manager at Stonewall Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hello Keerstn and thank you for your response. If you click on the blue "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of our emails, this should opt you out of our email listing. If this does not work, please do not hesitate to reach out to me with your email address at swolverton@stonewallresort.com and I will have our team remove you from the list. Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stonewall is a well maintained, beautiful resort in a gorgeous setting. The staff was friendly from the moment we pulled up until the minute we pulled away. My wife thouroghly enjoyed the spa and I loved playing the Palmer golf course.

• Stayed: April 2018, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I have stayed at Stonewall Resort several times. The staff is great, the rooms are clean and well furnished and the food is great. My favorite thing is the fireplace in the lobby and the fire pit by the pool. These are always awesome places to relax.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled on business
2  Thank Tina F

Dear Tina F, on behalf of everyone at Stonewall Resort, thank you. We are so glad that you chose to stay with us, and very happy to know that you found so many things at the property that made your visit comfortable and enjoyable. Please visit us again the next time you are in wild and wonderful West Virginia!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Celebrating my wife’s birthday for the weekend. They are doing some renovations so there was a bit of that going on. We stayed in a newly renovated room and the result is very nice. We were really interested in watching the Marshall U NCAA basketball game and had called ahead to make sure they would have it available. We were assured they would. Unfortunately TJ’s wasn’t scheduled to open until 2:30 and the game started at 1:20. They opened early and brought in staff so that we and others could not only watch the game but enjoy some food and drink as well. Mercedes a Marshall grad and member of the marketing staff here was especially nice. When she learned that it was my wife’s birthday, she arranged for the pastry dept to send a delicious double fudge cake to our room! So thoughtful! And Daniel, a server here was also amazing. He is such a professional and took great care of us. Finally, the Irish buffet on Friday may be the best I have ever had! Kudos to the chef and everyone involved. All in all, this was a Wonderful Weekend!!!

Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
3  Thank mwdarby

Hello mwdarby, I was very happy to read that you enjoyed your visit to Stonewall Resort, and I am always grateful when guests recognize our hard-working staff who are always eager to serve.I appreciate the nice comments about Mercedes and Daniel. They are some of our best employees who epitomizes the Stonewall Resort "Be the Difference" spirit. We look forward to having you with us again!

Reviewed March 14, 2018 via mobile

My daughter and I just returned from a 2 night trip. The room was spacious and bed was very comfortable. Pets are allowed, but we only heard the dog in the next room 3 times.

I received a Swedish massage with hot bamboo by "Jennifer". It was amazing! She was very friendly and did not rush. My daughter had the full body sugar scrub, and her skin feels great!

Loved the food in both TJ Muskies and Stillwater. Room service is also available and quick. Had an issue was my burger, and they were quick to prepare another plate for me.

The staff were friendly and attentive. Our server, Cindy, and front desk staff, Courtney, were extremely helpful.

We loom forward to visiting again but during peak season to enjoy the outdoor activities. I highly recommend this place for a nice getaway.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
2  Thank Cornealia P
swolverton, Manager at Stonewall Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello Cornealia P, I was very happy to read that you enjoyed your visit to Stonewall Resort, and I am always grateful when guests recognize our hard-working staff who are always eager to serve. We look forward to having you with us again.