All reviews fire pit great property front desk outdoor balcony small market breakfast is served beautiful lobby waffles the hotel sits fall colors free breakfast in the morning mini fridge college visit every staff member small pool the breakfast area fast food restaurants
Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

Let me start off by saying I have stayed here over 10x. Usually a good stay.
First off I was woke up at 1 am to loud music and it blasted until 4 am. I know I could have called down but I didn’t want to be bothered. You would think someone would walk the hallways during the evening. Then I need some very important things printed from the business center and the computer wasn’t current on Excel and pop ups were all over the screen. And there never anyone at the counter. They always are in the back room.
Back to the Hampton.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank David C
Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Let me start by saying we are Marriott people and pretty much stay at a Marriott brand every where we go. This hotel was newer and clean! The bathroom was spacious and staff was nice. There is a small pool, fitness room and breakfast is served.

Everything was fine until around bedtime our room was 75 degrees and felt like a sauna! We kept trying to get the air to come on and It wouldn't. After the kids were sweating and couldn't sleep we called the front desk and a gentleman promptly came down to check it out. He couldn't figure out what was wrong and finally just said something to the effect of "yeah sorry sometimes It gets hot in here. Turn the air way down and It will eventually cool off". We set It down to 54 and the air would kick on for about a 1 minute every fifteen minutes. We were up until 1-2am. I finally got our window to open a little just so we could fall asleep and stop sweating. The next morning when i went to check out I was going to tell the front desk and another lady in front of me was complaining of the same thing. One staff member said there was a trick where you have to set It up high and once It kicks on then set It cold - who would have thought to try that. It was the first time in years I have been disappointed with my choice of places to stay. The kids with us had to compete the next morning and were tired and us moms were exhausted. Several other moms and daughters from our group stayed there as well and complained of same issue.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank amullins77
Reviewed 5 January 2018

Some parts of Huntington are becoming unsafe with drugs/crime. So this property, high atop a hill and out of the city is a nice retreat. Close to interstate, nice amenities, all the standards you would expect. Room small but fresh, mini fridge/coffee/microwave and internet capable televisions. Free interest speedy enough. Like it and will return. Newpapers available in lobby morning or night, I like that too on the chance I have time to read and get caught up.

Room tip: Room 323 was fine. Nice walk in shower.
Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Jolyn S
Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

We shared a room with another couple over a weekend because we took the New River Train. Check in was very easy, the lobby was clean and well appointed. There was a coffee bar for everyone's convenience. Upon checkin we learned that the hotel provided transportation to and from the train depot. That was a huge plus. The staff was great. This was another plus. The breakfast was opened in time to have breakfast before we caught the bus to the depot. This was another plus. Negatives were having to call both days for more towels, not enough for 4 people were provided. Another negative was even though the reservation was on one credit card and we wanted to pay with another, the first credit card was charged even though the second card was swiped as we checked out. Another negative was that there wasn't a selection of restaurants near the hotel. We would stay again since in our minds the positives out weighed the negatives.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank verdellab
Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

Very pleased with my stay here. Newer hotel with extremely small indoor pool, free breakfast and very pleasant front desk staff. Would definitely recommend. Close to downtown Huntington. Nice exercise room with a good view. Smart TV's in every room can watch Netflix, YouTube, etc..

Date of stay: November 2017