Best Western Berkeley Springs Inn(Berkeley Springs)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$93
Agoda.com
Maria's Garden and Inn(Berkeley Springs)
US$85
  • Restaurant
The Country Inn of Berkeley Springs(Berkeley Springs)(Great Value!)
US$120
Berkeley Springs Motel(Berkeley Springs)
US$50
Cacapon Resort State Park(Berkeley Springs)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 07/26
US$90
Highlawn Inn(Berkeley Springs)(Great Value!)
US$105
Official Site
Hancock Motel(Hancock)
US$65
US$59
US$101
US$64
US$61
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed 28 September 2014

I decided to take my husband away for his birthday. I know he likes to ride bikes, so I choose the Maryland Rail and Trail (Hancock, MD), a 22 mile flat ride that I knew I could endure. From there I started to look for places to stay and found a nice selection of hotels and restaurants in Berkeley Springs (less than 10 mins. away). I read reviews on TA and called a local restaurant to get suggestions before selecting the Inn and Spa. The Inn is country quaint. The only room that was left was the honeymoon suite for about $250 a night. The room was clean, spacious, but not overly so. It was on the 4th floor and there's no elevator. (Not a problem but we were tired after the bike ride). I think the room description said it had a whirlpool in the room but it was actually a small claw foot tub. The bathroom was a nice size and had a double head shower. The only problem was one shower was cold while the other got hot. Otherwise there was an electric fireplace in the room, a flat screen tv and balcony that was a little shaky so we didn't spend much time out there. We did go to the spa which was small but nice. The location was good, right in town. We'll probably be back but probably not in the honeymoon suite.

Room Tip: Would not recommend the honey moon suite--value for cost not great
  • Stayed: September 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I stayed at the Berkeley Springs Spa and Inn for a weekend as my friend was getting married in the area, and it was the worst experience I have ever had at a hotel/inn/resort. This inn is located in a old beat-up town right down the street from a Silica plant, and there was no cell phone reception for miles as well as no WIFI (which they wrongfully advertise that they do, in fact the only wi-fi I saw was in the lobby and they do not give out the password.) The room was filled with dead bugs and had no fridge and a TV that looked like it was from the 80's along with the decor, the food was awful as the steaks served to the wedding party were all still purple and frozen, and the spa is grossly overpriced ( I paid 40 incl. tip for just nail polish!) The gardens outside the inn are neglected with weeds and a broken fountain filled with mosquito water. Because I was part of a wedding party, I got a deal of around 100.00 per night which in my opinion is quite overpriced considering the horrendous atmosphere. I stayed at the inn after the renovations so I had higher expectations, but in reality, this place is a real-life Bates Motel. There were also signs everywhere saying that if you were outside of your room past 10pm, there is a risk getting locked out which was absolutely ridiculous. WARNING: locals told me cops in the area will pull you over for going 2+ miles over the speed limit so be careful. Overall, please do not waste your money and stay here; What was supposed to be a relaxing quiet weekend became stressful and me wishing I had stayed home.

Room Tip: No smoking signs everywhere, also warnings for guests to not stay out of their rooms after 10pm or they may be locked out. Says their is WIFI but only available in lobby and they don't give you the password. Dead Bugs everywhere, staff ignores guests.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank NeverAgain744
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I've been to the Spa and tasted the new menu at the recently reopened Berkeley Springs Inn in Berkeley Springs, WV. I have to say that everything is up to my expectations. The town itself is also very interesting, with its castle, 1100 gallon-per-minute springs, and many quaint shops.

Room Tip: All the rooms are a little dated, but good and in keeping with a historical hotel and spa.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Paul M
Reviewed 6 December 2009

When I called to make a reservation for me and my husband a while back, I had an unnerving telephone conversation consistent with some of the other reviews. The innkeeper first confirmed that we were a heterosexual couple...I should have immediately followed my instinct and canceled, as we're not the hating types and don't enjoy the company of those who are. Anyhow, I apparently committed the grave error of asking for a smoking room, and the man hissed something so awful I won't even write it here. I responded with an equally unsuitable-for-print exclamation before he hung up. Seems bad enough? It gets worse.

A minute after the call ended, I got a call from an unknown number. I answered, and the caller hung up. He called back five minutes later and again hung up. This happened about six times a day for three days, until the final time I answered and told the caller that I had filed a police report.

Incredibly creepy and upsetting. Place sounds like the Bates Motel.

Berkeley Springs is a lovely community, and there are many opportunities for delicious dining, namely Tari's. By all means, visit Berkeley Springs, enjoy the antique shopping and the spas, but steer clear of this particular establishment.

Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
30  Thank gkb1012
Reviewed 28 May 2009

This place is totally overrated. And yes, I am talking about the right Berkeley Springs Spa and Inn, the one that requires you to jump through hoops to get in. After you pass the phone interview (assuming you make it that far, my friends didn't, they got hung up on), there's the huge list of rules to follow, all for food that just isn't that great and a place that isn't up to other places that I've stayed. This place just isn't worth the effort required to get a reservation or the money it costs to stay here.

Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple