“Worst service ever!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed 11 April 2021

I went there tonight, 4-10-21 at approx 1900hrs and ordered 4 chili dogs with no buns. 2 regular way and 2 with chili cheese onions. The 2 ordered with chili, cheese and onions CAME WITH BUNS, the other 2 had NO CHILI AT ALL!!! PISS POOR SERVICE!!!

Date of visit: April 2021
Write a reviewReviews (194)

Reviewed 13 October 2020

My wife and I visited the King Tut this afternoon after a day of fall tree viewing. The waitress came to our car and we placed the order. The Large Hamburger had a home made bun and the toppings was fresh. My wife had the grilled chicken sandwich which didn’t have much flavor. We also ordered a piece of the Apple pie which was good. Also we ordered a pizza to take home and it was great with fresh cheese and lots of toppings. The service was fast and friendly. These types of drive inn restaurants are going to the way side quickly with the big box store eateries. This was a piece of Nostalgic history visit and brought back memories of days past. The service was great and with good honest food, no wonder the little drive inn is still going strong

Date of visit: October 2020
2  Thank Rick R
King_Tut_Drive-In, Owner at King Tut Drive-In, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2020

Thanks Rick! We are not 100% happy with grilled chicken breast either but it's the best we can source right now. If you are traveling a long way, you could order the pizza unbaked so that it will be fresh when you bake it later. Enjoy the viewing, this is the right time up here.

Reviewed 18 September 2020 via mobile

Tried this place based on the reviews and let’s say I was extremely disappointed. Tried the Pizza Burger and it wasn’t worth it. I kept thinking where is the beef? The hamburger had hardly any meat to it and it was mostly pizza sauce. Paid almost 7 dollars for the burger plus tator tots which for the size of burger I got was way overpriced.

Date of visit: September 2020
1  Thank PJAveryVermont
King_Tut_Drive-In, Owner at King Tut Drive-In, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2020

The Pizza Purger was $4.05 and the tots were $2.15. The hamburger in the sandwich was a 3oz fresh, unfrozen hamburger patty. We recently had to raise the price a nickel because hamburger (meat) prices have gone up all over the US. Covid in Meatpacking plants has cause supply disruptions and prices have whipsawed recently.

Reviewed 16 August 2020 via mobile

I had heard about this place for years, and finally decided to give it a try when I was back in town. I cannot believe it took me so long to try this place. The burgers were fantastic, as was the loaded baked potato. We also ended up with four if the deserts and LOVED everyone of them. We will be headed back soon!

Date of visit: August 2020
1  Thank foodie412
Reviewed 7 June 2020 via mobile

It's typical drive in type food. Due to COVID, all orders were take away only. I HIGHLY recommend the milkshakes. Guaranteed to bring all the boys to the yard!

Date of visit: June 2020