“Pleasant small winery focused on Italian wines”
Review of Martedi Winery

Martedi Winery
Ranked #23 of 69 things to do in Woodinville
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed December 27, 2017

Pleasant small winery, one of the most entertaining experiences among our wine tasting room visits. Rustic, simple, comfortable interior; one stands at tables made out of barrels. The inexpensive disposable plastic stemmed glasses used for tasting are a bit off-setting, but serviceable.

We three stopped in on a weekday for wine-tasting. A wine club member and one of the family owners took turns serving our wine.

The wine was fun. The special drink was last - a 2015 Vinosanto dessert wine. The ritual for drinking this wine was unique, involving biscotti and expresso.

The two brothers who owned the winery kindly answered our questions about the origin of the logo - a warm story.

Reviewed March 6, 2017 via mobile

Had a great time. The owner was very engaging and very informative (love educational drinking!). I highly recommend the Sangiovese ❤ cheers!

Reviewed October 1, 2016

Stopped here as the third stop on a wine tour and this was the best place out of four. In the middle of harvest season, the owner was obviously tired and sleep deprived but stopped to let us sample several wines anyway.

His passion was obvious and he showed us around back, let us sample grapes, and definitely went above and beyond compared to the other tours. We ended up joining the wine club and ordered a case to ship back to Canada. Everyone else on the tour spent all their money here too. Highly recommended - I didn't even care about the fourth place after this.

The Sangiovese from 2012 was the best. It might be my new favorite red wine. I will probably regret buying only 6 bottles.

Reviewed August 27, 2016 via mobile

My parents found Martedi by using their Washington Wine Passport and quickly fell in love with the bold wines and intimate, boutique tasting room experience. So after a few months of their raving, I insisted that they take my husband and I along with them next time we were in town. The tasting room is small, but having the opportunity to meet with the owners and learn directly from the winemaker why he chose each varietal was incredible. Their openness and kindness made the visit to this winery an incredible learning experience -- make sure you taste their Sangiovese! It's amazing!