“Just dont understand it?”

Rock The Dock Pub & Grill
Ranked #7 of 44 Nightlife in Tacoma
Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

So we sit out in the patio, not busy. Wait ten minutes to be acknowledged by one server. Put our drink order in along with food order. Fifteen minutes later they come out to say they have no rye bread, really!? If not for the great view, would've been gone. Customer service is a dying art!

Date of experience: June 2017

Reviewed 20 May 2017

Rock the Dock is a pretty basic pub but the food and service were both good, and prices reasonable. Decor is nothing special at all but the view to the water is great and the patio would be nice on a sunny day.
It's a good lunch stop with great view of the waterway. This area has a couple of museums and parks to keep tourists busy for half a day at least and then go up the hill to old Tacoma and finish off the day.

Date of experience: May 2017
Reviewed 12 May 2017

I like this place. Good food, just remodeled. They have improved the variety of beers, If you expect a quiet romantic place this may not be it. The patrons are local folks, mostly blue collar types. sometimes boisterous, sometimes quiet. Check their Facebook site for activities, from Open Mic, Karioke, Taco night, etc. You can boat in and tie up at the float. We usually go in the evenings. good people watching, a small park to walk. Been a patron for 7 years, service is good. when it's busy, relax, and enjoy.

Date of experience: May 2017
Reviewed 8 December 2016 via mobile

Pretty much your standard pub grub. The bathroom was very dirty (never a good sign). The view is good. The parking is convenient. A lot of really drunk people. But the reason why I will never return is the horrific service provided by some rude gal named Melissa. I mean out of this world, you gotta be kidding me rude. She was rude to all 4 of us at our table. There are way too many dining options to endure that.

Date of experience: December 2016
1  Thank 123Viki321
See more reviews
Reviewed 26 May 2016

Stumbled upon this place by accident, great little "divey" type place on the water. They have patio seating as well as the bar room seating. I've been a couple times, and return for the low-key, locals only aspect. They were playing musical bingo the last time I was in, and the place was full. Bar scene, bar food, music and patio seating with great service. Big portions, and everything I had was great (if you're going for bar type food). They have a few entrees for dinner, but I didn't try them.

Date of experience: May 2016