“Don't miss out on Schwarma!”

Layla's Lebanese Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 313 Restaurants in Woodbridge
Description: Layla’s Lebanese Restaurant is dedicated to excellence in preparation of our dishes, presentation and quality of service. Our guests can count on receiving the freshest ingredients and dishes that are made with care from scratch. It is important to us that you are provided with a truly wonderful experience and welcomed as if you were a guest sitting at our family dinner table.
Reviewed 11 July 2018

This is a family owned and operated restaurant. Every time I've been there, the staff is friendly. The food is fresh and extremely tasty. My favorite is the Chicken Schwarma with the garlic whip. But I've tried several of the other dishes and have not been disappointed. This is worth a trip if you love good food.

Reviewed 9 July 2018

Wonderful atmosphere, friendly staff, family owned. The food is fantastic! You will feel right at home the minute you walk in.

Reviewed 27 May 2018

I am leaving one star for the worst business practices ever. The door to the restaurant states open until 10 pm on Friday nights and we showed up after a high school function at 9:30 pm and were told we would not get service, that the kitchen was closed. However, there were at least a dozen other patrons in the restaurant eating and I don't know how the kitchen can be closed if you still have people there??? Also, their web site states open until 10 pm. Their food is okay if you're looking for something comparable to Ruby Tuesday's or Applebees. At least I know if I go to one of those establisments at the last minute they will serve me.

To the owner: If you want to be out by 10 pm then close at 9 pm, don't mislead people it's rude and bad business.
Also, this was the second instance of this scenerio happening so I just won't bother anymore with your restaurant, too many other choices

Jimmy C, Owner at Layla's Lebanese Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2018

Dear Patsix,

We're extremely sorry that your experience with us ended so abruptly and negatively. It's our policy to service as many people as possible as we're a small family owned business and rely on as many sales as we can get. These reviews are very important to as well as they impact our ability to attract new customers.

After speaking with the staff that night, it was pointed out that your arrival time was closer to 9:45 and our kitchen usually closes about 30 minutes prior to our dining room, as is customary with most smaller restaurants. The other diners at the time had already received their orders and were in the process of finishing their meals.

It is our goal to make every single patron that walks through our doors walk out a happy and loyal customer. Our success rate is extremely high but we understand that not everyone will be happy no matter how hard we try. We hope you'll give us another chance, but if not, we understand and wish you happy dining at Ruby Tuesday's or Applebees, both are wonderful establishments and are open late for your convenience.

Thank you.

Reviewed 10 April 2018 via mobile

I came a cross this restaurant about 4 weeks ago and this my second time eating there. It is the best, best Lebanese food I have ever eaten. I Love Lebanese Food and I used to drive to New Jersey to have a good Lebanese Food , but no need to drive any more. Food and service are both excellent and I can not wait to go back this weekend!

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I wanted to try this restaurant out, since it had been quite a while since I had tried this type of cuisine.

The Spinach pies were three small triangles that were tasty to a point. I am not sure what I could say about the Moujadara Sandwich- it was OK, but not really memorable.

I would probably try it again if I were in the area, just to be fair.

Jimmy C, Owner at Layla's Lebanese Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2018

Hi Tony,

Thank you for your review of our restaurant. We are sorry that we underwhelmed you with our cuisine. Your choices of food in our spinach pies and moujadara sandwhich are some of our less 'flavorful' dishes in that they are not as loaded with our chef's wonderful blend of spices as with some of our other dishes.

We encourage you to come back and try some of our more popular dishes, like our Chicken Schwarma or Mixed Grill, both of which have our famous Layla's Garlic Whip™, which we guarantee will be memorable.

Thanks again for your comments and we hope that we can change your mind about our rating.