Was lucky to have spent 14 nights on this idyllic Island.
we were picked up from Busuanga airport and taken to the pier for the boat ride over to Sangat. On arrival was met with a very friendly welcome & a welcome juice.
We had a beach cottage which as it says was directly on the beach front & with a view to make all your friends envious. The rooms were very basic, but exactly as we had expected. " double beds a wardrobe & bed side table furnished the bedroom. Wet room with cold water shower took a lot of getting used too, but was very refreshing to say the least ! The island has a filtering system for the drinking water, so it does have a bit of an unusual taste, but what do you expect - A remote Island is what you are visiting. The veranda had a couple of chairs & table & 2 sunbeds were in the front of the cottage. If I have one suggestion, it would be to make the veranda & sun beds more comfortable. Beach towels were avaialable on request.
Meal times were all taken together with the other guests. Breakfast at 7.30am Lunch at 1pm & dinner at 7.30pm- Plenty of well cooked and freshly produced meals. Snacks at 10 & 4, usually consisted of cake, biscuits & fruit. Tea & coffee available all day.
The Island bar was great for pre dinner drinks.
Snorkelling directly from the beach was good with a very nice house reef. Scuba Divers had the advantage of being very close to all the wrecks.
Hire a Kayak and visit the hot springs and snorkel at the gun boat.
All the staff are very friendly and are keen to make your stay enjoyable.
Very sad to leave:(
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sangat Island Dive Resort is also a nature preserve with a 300m long white sand beach, native style accomodations, a diving facility with instructors and dive boats. Visitors can dive a number of nearby ship wrecks; Several Japanese warships and merchant vessels were sunk in Coron bay very close to Sangat Island during World War II. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Ctrip TA so you can book your Sangat Island Dive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sangat Island Reserve Palawan
- Sangat Island Reserve Hotel Palawan