Sangat Island Dive Resort
  • Bar/Lounge
US$43
US$40
  • Restaurant
All reviewsprivate beachno hot waterjet skisolar powergreat divingthere is no air conditioningthe reefsrent a kayakfresh fishbuffet stylethe cottagesslice of paradisewwii wrecksrainy seasonmarine lifeclown fishamazing location
Reviewed 7 February 2017 via mobile

Stayed at this beautiful island for 6 nights and had a really great stay. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The cabanas are very nice and we had a beautiful view over the ocean. The wreck diving was amazing.

Stayed: February 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank miringu
Reviewed 5 February 2017

I stayed in a beach chalet for 10 nights. There is nothing I can complain about!

No wifi or cell phone connection was great as I was seeking total relaxation.
The staff was great! Food great with a great variety. If you needed anything else they would prepare it.
I was there for diving and must say that the dive crew made everything to give me maximum value for money. You will not experience great fish and visibility, but remember this is a perfect dive spot for wrecks.
The wrecks where in close distance from the resort which was very convenient!

If I write more positive things no one will believe me, so I end this review like this:

I will be back and I miss you all!

Room Tip: I can recommend the beach Chalets
  • Stayed: December 2016, traveled solo
Reviewed 15 January 2017

This is an idyllic and authentic paradise near Coron reachable by boat with the kind and friendly staff of the resort. It offers few bungalows all facing the sea, basic with the necessary comfort required by each guest. No hot water inside but unnecessary due to the warm and pleasant tropical temperature. Meals are very delicious, all fresh ingredients and excellent local cookers. Water and coffee are always available. If lucky, some monkeys and monitor lizards can be met on the Island..The reef in front of the beach is gorgeous, needs just to swim and overcome some sea alga but then corals colour and fishes are great! A funny and a little bit challenging walk can be done with a local guide to climb on the top of the hill and enjoy a wonderful view of the bay. The diving staff is very friendly, professional and nice and dives offered are worth to be experienced. What else to say..relax, beauty and dive for fun!

Room Tip: beachside or garden side cottages for the sea view
  • Stayed: January 2017, traveled as a couple
3  Thank MiGi22
Reviewed 14 January 2017

I went to this resort on my honeymoon in December 2016. When deciding on accommodations for my honeymoon, I came across this resort and was completely swayed away with the photos and reviews. It also fitted our itinerary as we had already booked a luxurious resort for the first leg of our trip and this seemed a very complimenting experience more connected with nature in a private setting.

It easily exceeded our expectations in terms of location and beauty as it turned out to be a hidden paradise. The staff is very friendly and helpful. We got a beachside cottage and could not have hoped for a much better view. The whole setting of the resort is very ecofriendly and gives a totally different experience compared to a luxurious setting. Its a paradise for those who are looking for relaxing vacation as the place provides a great peace of mind amidst its natural beauty. Other than diving, the resort also provides many activities which provides a good break amongst all laziness and lying around :P

However, there are 2 small concerns. First, the wifi is only present in the restaurant and not the rooms. The connectivity is also extremely poor. The management explains that the poor connectivity would make guests focus less on work and social life and more on their leisure. But I still feel that a goof wifi is required. Second, the food options were quite limited (for vegetarians there is hardly anything which was not a problem for us). More importantly, sometimes few food items used to get over in first 10-15 mins so you have to make sure to reach the restaurant as soon it starts. Also, since the resort only uses the local water, all the food, drinking water, coffee etc were high on salinity. Other than this, everything else was perfect.

Would definitely recommend this to everyone (if the above concerns are not a priority), as the overall experience was great.

Room Tip: beachside cottage provides best views
  • Stayed: December 2016, traveled as a couple
1  Thank aashish_explorer
Reviewed 14 January 2017 via mobile

This is a charming resort, if you want o be secluded and getaway this is the place for you! We am had a lot of senior citizens in the family and it was good for both the very young and old. There were scuba excursions scheduled to look forward to in the day. All inclusive food except tips, booze, and excursions. Staff were helpful in making sure the elders did not get injured during excursions - especially "Warren" he was most mindful.

You can do massages in the beach towards the evening. They even did our laundry, but mostly I lived out of my bathing suit. The corals are amazing! Everything was just right for amateur seniors who wanted to try to snorkel. We saw a sunken ship, sea anemone with clown fish (we found Nemo), snorkels to a hot springs after kayak. If some did not want to participate - they watched us from the boat. No sharks at all.

There is a cool cave to climb and explore on The island and yes there were monkeys. If you do not want them in your nipa hut, suggest you close your screen door and zip up your suitcases!

Wireless and phone signal limited, cold water showers, desalination plant for drinking water so you need to conserve water! Bottled water available if you don't like the taste of the water. No flushing TP in the toilet. Treat like a nature reserve. Mango ice cream was actually made of mangoes! Staff will do special requests for meals of Filipino food, but tell them ahead of time! Our elders loved this.

Lots of drinking at night at the beautiful rock cliff bar! The youth loved this. Pool table for socializing. Island is near windy side so breeze helps it not be so hot.

Staff are helpful, but you must tell them your needs. Every view is a photographic opportunity. Scuba if you want, they can certify you - takes three days. Lots of shipwrecks to explore.

Many hammocks for lazy days. Great experience for our diverse age group family reunion of thirteen people! Price was right and activities temperament just right.

Monkey visits added to the excitement! Birds tweeting everywhere! Would love to come back to escape. I did not know I could be a snorkeling beach girl.

Stayed: January 2017, traveled with family