1,751 results
All reviews lager heads sun deck front desk free beach chairs indoor outdoor pool across the street rocking chairs self parking beautiful hotel virginia beach oceanfront breakfast buffet valet service third floor ocean view hotel restaurant off season the north end
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 October 2020 via mobile

Excellent venue for an ocean front wedding. The staff was incredibly friendly and exceeded our expectations. Of note, Katelyn Topping (Event coordinator) and Dennis Gregg (valet) were at the top of their game. Logistics were executed without a hitch!

Thanks for the memories

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Traveled with family
Kristin Milleson, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2020

Walles2020, Thank you so much for sharing your special day with us! It was an honor to serve you all during your event and will certainly share your kind words with our team. We so appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and recognize Katelyn and Dennis. We hope to see you again!

HGI Virginia Beach Oceanfront

Reviewed 22 October 2020

We stayed here several years ago right after they opened and decided to return again this summer because of our previous experience. Some of the reasons we returned included not charging extra for parking, all the rooms being ocean-front with balconies, and the great swimming pool area.

Even with COVID precautions in place the hotel was able to keep things feeling pretty normal with most amenities still available. This was a huge deal to us because many hotels have used COVID as a reason to basically take away any extra things like coffee in the lobby or use of the swimming pool. The restaurant was still serving food as well.

The hotel was still in pretty good condition, it seems like beach hotels tend to take a beating and while this one isn't in like-new shape our room and common areas were still well-maintained. The room rate was reasonable for peak summer season. Daily housekeeping was not being offered but they did deliver us fresh towels every day.

The indoor-outdoor pool is still a great amenity, our child loved playing in it and it was a nice place to relax when you needed a break from the beach.

Overall, I was very happy with our stay and give them good marks for being able keep things feeling semi-normal. The only negative we had was the elevators, we spent a lot of time waiting for these as there are only 2 and they are constantly in use and it's made even more difficult with the recommended limited capacity on them.

Date of stay: July 2020
Kristin Milleson, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2020

Thank you so much for your review! We are so pleased you enjoyed your time with us and thank you for your loyalty. Your comments help us to continually approve upon the guest experience and truly appreciate your feedback. We will be sure to share your kind words with our team!

HGI Virginia Beach Oceanfront

Reviewed 16 October 2020

Experienced very poor customer service and did not receive the room I booked. Contacted customer service after stay and was suppose to hear back from the hotel within 3 business days. It’s been 3 weeks and haven’t heard back. Hilton no longer cares about loyal members. Will be leaving the brand due to this experience.

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Traveled with family
Kristin Milleson, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2020

Erl5057, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We do our best to accommodate all guests and do apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay. Feel free to reach out to me directly to further discuss.

Hilton Garden Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront

Reviewed 28 September 2020

My husband and I spent two nights (9/25-9/26) just for a get-away to the beach. The good news is that the staff were pleasant and helpful. We found the valet guy (though he didn't park our car) particularly friendly.
BAD NEWS: Despite us asking for a room refresh during the day on Saturday (new coffee pods, fresh towels, new amenities, etc...) we received NO maid service. At just under $250/night, when there are lots of hotels with comparable rooms on the oceanfront, this is unacceptable.
Oh! and we couldn't get the tv to pull up the local stations. Not worth a call to the desk, but annoying nonetheless.
I imagine they'll use the COVID excuse for why they didn't clean, but to us, there's no excuse.
Next time we'll choose a different hotel

Room tip: Get an oceanfront room...at another hotel
Date of stay: September 2020
Kristin Milleson, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2020

Christina H, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I do apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay, we have made some additional changes to how we are completing housekeeping services to prevent this from happening. We do hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future, please feel free to reach out to me directly by phone or email at ORFBO_GM@Hilton.com

Hilton Garden Inn VBO

Reviewed 22 August 2020

Very pleasant stay. Upon entering my hotel room, the room seemed very clean. However I did bring my own wipes and lysol to sanitize the room myself so that I could feel more comfortable. My wipes did not have additional dirt on it so I felt good. I saw staff a few times wiping down common areas and there were plenty of sanitizer gel around for guest to use. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. The hotel was in a good location, walking distance from many eateries and the boardwalk and beach. I was pleased with my stay.

Date of stay: August 2020
2  Thank Yvette M
Kristin Milleson, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2020

Thank you so much for the excellent review! We are so pleased you loved your stay and thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I will be sure to share your kind words with our team and we look forward to seeing you during future stays.

Kristin