“Casual lunch”

Price range: US$4 - US$15
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Rusty Tractor, where good friends meet for great coffee and fantastic fare, prepared and served by passionate people! Join us for a relaxed and friendly atmosphere, value for money and a great playground to entertain kids the entire day! Rusty Tractor . Open seven days a week, Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner (Wednesday - Saturday) menus, great cabinet food & Supreme Coffee
Reviewed 9 November 2018 via mobile

Nice setting, friendly, efficient staff. Good coffee and options available for gluten free, although it would have been good to have one or two more savoury options.

Date of visit: November 2018
19mallard51, Owner at The Rusty Tractor Cafe & Trading Store, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2018

Thanks for your great comments. We balance vegetarian & gluten free items with demand and with savoury items which only have a single day's shelf life, we would rather limit options than having to constantly throw out unsold items.

Denis, Christine, Nick & Jen

Reviewed 11 October 2018

We had brunch here before leaving Kerikeri.
Loved the atmosphere and the ambiance of the place and the facilities....
food presented beautifully......will go back again next time I am in Kerikeri as I was a little disappointed that my meal had to be redone....

Date of visit: October 2018
19mallard51, Manager at The Rusty Tractor Cafe & Trading Store, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2018

Oh sorry your meal had to be redone but great it has not stopped you from coming back. Look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 20 September 2018

This cafe lurks close to SH1 as you travel north and is on the left as you turn in towards Kerikeri. It has a nice range of cabinet food and excellent coffee. I always stop here to buy lunch, either to eat in the cafe (with a great fire in winter) or to take away,

Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

Stopped in for lunch while traveling and had a very relaxing and enjoyable time with good food and friendly service. The staff were very helpful, to the point that they brought in an orange off their orange trees for us to try. Had a bacon and egg pie with a home made sausage roll, finished with carrot cake and a home made scone - yum, very enjoyable.

Reviewed 11 September 2018

I have frequented this cafe twice a week every week. I work from home and sometimes I enjoy getting out and working in a different environment. Let me tell you, the food is GREAT, the service is GREAT and so is the WIFI! It couldn't be better. I've now made friends with the owners and some of the staff. I run a customer service business myself and these people have it figured out! The food is fresh, homemade and delicious! You can even buy some delicious, homemade jams and sauces that they make in house. Breakfast is DELICIOUS, lunch is DELICIOUS and so is dinner. Believe me, I've tried them all! And I don't want to leave out dessert. My favorites? MUD CAKE and APPLE PIE! YUM!!! :) Need I say more? TRY IT FOR YOURSELF! You won't be disappointed!