“History Abounds”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 25 May 2017

We came for lunch and looked forward to spending a pleasant afternoon at this lovely place.
The menu was disappointing with its lack of choice. The prices were right up there so we thought , this is going to be good regardless. The servings were stingy in size and incredibly disappointing. The lack of flavour was sad. I ordered mussels that were described with chilli. There was no chilli to be found, cooked perfectly, but with absolutely no flavour. My main course was the portion of an entree size. Not a problem for me, but I would imagine someone who was hungry or a man ordering would have been extremely disappointed with the portion size.
I believe a careful rethink from management would go a long way. Having a concise menu is not a problem if everything on the menu is simply stunning in every way. This is an exceptional historical home, the location, the history, the gardens, all create a magnificent day out. If the food can be improved, I believe this place would be packed to the rafters. I hope that management would take these thoughts on board, as we would love to return and see some well thought out changes having been made, and experience the difference.

Reviewed 9 May 2017

We stayed at the hotel and arrived early having lunch when we arrived. The lunch menu is very limited. Views and the café layout was open and plenty of room. As the next thing on our stay was high tea we decided to share a lunch meal. The staff accommodated our request but the meal itself looked like a snack and was small after sharing. The burger was about the size of a well known cheese burger. And an expensive cheese burger at that. Service was excellent and only a few guest nice and quiet.

Next morning for breakfast there was a limited buffet set out as well as a menu to order hot breakfast items. All food was very nice but as I said a limited selection for buffet and menu.

Reviewed 1 May 2017

Fundamentally, this place was just not good. We only came for an early afternoon tea but the choice was limited and the ambience was lacking. I cannot speak for the people I was with but for the choice I made, I tbelieve that I could buy a better cheese platter at a supermarket.

2  Thank Nathan1000
Reviewed 23 March 2017

Such an attractive breakfast setting and delicious food. Great choice of cooked and continental breakfast selection. Wonderful start to the day.

Reviewed 21 March 2017 via mobile

I will start by saying breakfast was $35.00 per person. Bread was stale. They was only one other couple here.