“Superb! What more can I say?”
Review of Mosfilo - CLOSED

Mosfilo
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 June 2017

We live in north-west London, where there are many Turkish restaurants but few Greek restaurants. Even though the two cuisines are similar, my experience is that a good Greek restaurant is far superior to a typical Turkish outlet. So when I learnt about this family-run Greek Cypriot place I immediately suggested it to my wife and our friends.

Visiting any restaurant for the first time is always an uncertain experience, and so I was initially worried about my recommendation. However, it turned out to be a superb choice.

I generally rate restaurants on four criteria — food, service, ambience and value for money. And Mosfilo scored highly on all four.

I could go on for ages about the quality of the various dishes we chose, but I will simply say that all were delicious. Indeed, one companion said that his moussaka was the best he had ever tasted.

My only personal criticism is that, like most Mediterranean restaurants, Mosfilo serves its taramosalata dyed an unnatural garish pink. I would love the place even more if it followed the example of The Real Greek and was brave enough to serve its taramosalata unblemished.

And the service? Impeccable! The friendly servers did not stick to allocated tables. All five were involved in presenting our food and clearing away our finished dishes.

And we could not help noticing that when the staff cleared vacated tables they not only cleaned them with a disinfectant spray but also similarly cleaned all the chairs around them. I do not recall seeing this laudable practice in any other British restaurant.

After food and service my third criterion is ambience, and I have no complaints here. The restaurant was pleasingly decorated and although it was busy the chatter from the other diners was not too obtrusive.

And value-for-money? You can certainly eat cheaper elsewhere (if your standards are modest), but the quality of our overall experience was well worth the final bill. We will be back.

1  Thank MrAndrewHaynes

Reviewed 5 June 2017

My parents love Greek food and wanted to come to Mosfilo for their birthdays (consecutive days - handy!). There were 7 of us for lunchtime. The staff looked after us and the food was excellent. 2 shared mezes (definitely trying that next time!) whilst the rest had mains. The souvlaki was popular. I can't comment on the costs as I didn't see the bill, but everyone really enjoyed the restaurant.

Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

Went here on a Saturday night very busy restaurant.Food was great and service was to.
Staff where very knowledgeable about menu and wine list. We had set menu very tasty and all the food was good.

Reviewed 23 May 2017

Enjoyable lunch at Mosfilo in Hatch End. Pleasant surroundings. We shared the meze for two (hot and cold)...huge amount of food (we took lots home) but freshly cooked and tasted delicious.

Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

We just had lunch at Mosfilo in Hatch End and were pleased with the meal. Our order- a Spanakopitta and Pastourma for starters (photos not included). For mains I had the mixed Souvlaki (a lamb and pork skewer) with sautéed potatoes. My wife had the Moussaka. For dessert we shared the chocolate fudge cake and I also had a small glass of the house red wine. The starters were nice- the Spanakopitta are filo pastry triangles filled with spinach and feta cheese. The Pastourma is a coarse spicy Cypriot beef sausage (like a cross between a chorizo and a kofte kebab). My souvlaki meat was a tad over (especially the lamb) but the pork souvlaki was lovely. Totally loved the sautéed potatoes. I had a bite of the Moussaka and it tasted fine. The chocolate fudge cake was quite good, no skimping on the fudge sauce and the sponge was moist enough. Our total bill (for 2) was just under £47. Customer service was good and the ambience was great too. We'll probably come back at some point.