All reviewsentertainment teambar stafftable numbershows at nightgreat holidaysaladsun loungerspool areatoastiesplenty of sunbedsplenty of choicethe dining room staffice creamevening entertainmentbar snackstowels were changed dailyrooms are basic
Reviewed 10 August 2015

firstly to gill(Jill) and family I'm glad that we only meet you on the last few days other wise the whole holiday would of been ruined you just need to stop swearing and moaning all the time and stop intruding when your not wanted. Secondly thank you to all the staff, José ,Monica, Carmel, Ray, Albert, Angela, all the restaurant staff and our cleaner we were in room 618 who made our stay a great one. The food was fine we went half board, so were went out a few times, if we didn't want to eat the food then I just picked up tapas from the Spanish shop across the road. Queues for the restaurant start very early so it may be best to eat later when it's quieter. The entertainment is not as professional as last year, but this may be because they don't have a team leader I would like to suggest Albert for this roll as he would be very good. So once Again thank you for making ours a holiday to remember. Treat the staff as you would like to be treated not as your servants.

Room Tip: just email the hotel and ask for a high floor, pool facing.
4  Thank bustterboo
suemedplaya, Guest Relations Manager at MedPlaya Hotel Santa Monica, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2015

Dear bustterboo
Thank you for choosing the Hotel Santa Monica for your recent holiday in Calella.
We are pleased to read that you and your family had an enjoyable stay with us and that the hotel, team and service ticked all the boxes for you.
We very much hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the Santa Monica on future occasions

Reviewed 10 August 2015

You get what you pay for but thankfully we didn't pay that much. We booked this hotel through Thomson and it was cheap and seemed to be good value. Don't get me wrong - I'm not saying this hotel is awful. It's actually worth the money we paid for it. The whole hotel and particularly the bedrooms are tired and dated and in need of some TLC. But they are functional, clean and reasonably spacious. There is no fridge in the room which I have come to expect in a 3 star hotel. There was a safe in the room but it cost an extortionate 3 euros per day to hire it!. I found my mattress too firm and could feel some of the springs poking into my back. As a result I ended up with a painful lower back. Do you know how hard it is to find a pharmacy open on a Sunday? I managed to suffer my way through Sunday and into Monday when I could buy some pain relief gel to rub into my back. I got unlucky with the mattress and I am a bit like the Princess and the Pea when it comes to beds. On the plus side, the room and the hotel was kept spotlessly clean. The food was a buffet style and was average but edible. There was always a good choice of food to be had. It wasn't high quality but I didn't go hungry. The evening entertainment is pretty naff. It consisted of a few people miming to music and and dancing. At least we didn't have to pay to see it. In any case it was much more pleasurable to go for a stroll through the town or along the beach in the evening. There is a nice pool out the front of the hotel but we didn't use it because there is an excellent beach just 5 minutes walk from the hotel. There is a little road train which runs every 30 minutes and stops outside of the hotel. This can get you around the town if you're feeling tired. Calella is a typical resort town but it has a lot of good restaurants and bars plus a few "English" style bars and eateries for those less adventurous tourists. Basically we had a good stay at the hotel. It was cheap and the hotel was functional so we weren't in any way disappointed. If you want to stay at the Santa Monica make sure that you don't pay over the odds and don't go expecting a palace.

• Stayed: August 2015, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ianburn

Dear Ianburn
We are pleased that in spite of there being some areas where you feel we could do better, overall you enjoyed your holiday with us and felt that you were offered value for money.

Reviewed 10 August 2015

The hotel Santa Monica is the best holiday and hotel I have ever been on and stayed in . This is the 4th time I have stayed in the santamonica and me and family come back every year. the hotel is provided with friendly staff , who are always pleased to see us as we come back every year , great choice of food and really nice accommodation . The hotel is 3 min walk away from the beach and the hotel is surrounded by shops , which we all love. It is also a 10 minute walk away from the train station , which is 30 min train journey to Barcelona its self , where we like to pay a visit for the day. If you want some quiet time, there are small alcoves coming from the beach were you can relax , a nice hike/walk up a hill to see an amazing view of the city and a bike hiring shop just outside were you can cycle round the village and see more of it . Overall , I think this hotel is great it is a stone throw to all these activities and places and me and family will continue going there for years.

Room Tip: The 1st floor rooms are better as you get a bigger balcony with your own sun beds and a great view of the beach.
  • Stayed: June 2015, traveled with family
1  Thank Stephanie R

Dear Stephanie R
We are pleased to read that the Hotel Santa Monica continuest to tick all the boxes for you and your family and that you had a fantastic holiday with us again this year.
Thank you for choosing the Santa Monica and for taking the time to share your opinion of this popular hotel, its facilities and the surrounding area
We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 3 August 2015

Our 3rd visit, ages 2x6, 8, 13, 15 and two OAP's this is a super located venue, family friendly. Pleasant reception, bar, cleaning & restaurant staff, with rooms refreshed daily and towels changed, super pool, and buffet style restaurant where you couldn't help but find something to enjoy. Close to shopping area and beach, super day time & evening entertainment where children where the focus and rooms where outside noise did not penetrate. Super air conditioning, we have already booked for next year!

Room Tip: We contacted hotel directly to ensure we were together (2 rooms) and on not to high a floor. They accommodated us!
Review collected in partnership with Jet2holidays
3  Thank tomwfox
suemedplaya, Guest Relations Manager at MedPlaya Hotel Santa Monica, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2015

Dear tomwfox
We are pleased to read that you and your family enjoyed your latest holiday with us at the popular Hotel Santa Monica in Calella.
At the Santa Monica we aim to offer our guests the best holiday experience possible and we can see that we achieve this in your case.
Thank you for choosing the Santa Monica this time, and we look forward to seeing you again next year

Reviewed 1 August 2015

This year we took a trip back to the Santa monica, and as soon as we arrived the staff remembered us even though it had been 2 years since we saw them. We were swiftly registered given our armbands and made our way to the bar where the staff we all loved were there to greet us. I have an ongoing back complaint so I was happy to sit under a brolly all day, watching the bustle of happy tourists enjoying their holiday. As we were booked in as all inclusive all meals on our tariff were available, which were superb, lots of choice, hot and cold, and ample fresh fruit. The room was spotless, and the maid service was very efficient. The entertainment was very entertaining and not in your face, well done Santa Monica we will be back, and with our friends too !!

Room Tip: Ask for an even number over looking the pool and sea view from the higher floors
6  Thank Harry W

Dear Harry W
Thanks for coming back to the Santa Monica - its great to see our guests returning - theres no better recommendation!
We are pleased to read that you and your family enjoyed your latest stay with us and that the team at the Santa Monica were welcoming and friendly as always
Thank you for sharing your opinion here on Trip Advisor, and we very much look forward to seeing you and your friends next time.