“Good trip but buggies in poor condition”
Review of Vins Cross

Vins Cross
More attraction details
Owner description: Guided enduro, quad and buggy tours between volcanos, lava fields, deserts and spectacular coastal tracks
Reviewed 9 September 2016 via mobile

Me and my partner had a fantastic trip with Vin cross earlier on the 4 hour tour. We turned up to watch a promotional video before we started the tour of how a video of our ride would look. (€25 for the dvd). There wasn't really much introduction or welcome apart from the camera guy. We didn't even know any of the tour guides names. We were told to choose a buggy...take the loitering around time before hand to inspect which one looks ok. Ours has a knackard wheel bearing, tickover idle set too low so kept cutting out and the brakes didn't work well at all. No power going up inclines either (i have a strong off road background). If i was to book again i'd go elsewhere but for the price it was good enough as long as you don't mind risking your life and enjoy a challenging ride. Thanks

Reviewed 8 April 2016

There were four adults and one child in our private party. We had one Quad bike and two buggies. We had a great time going all over he volcanoes and stopping on the far side of the island for refreshments. We went at our pace which as it turned out was quite quick. we covered 32 miles and saw a lot of the north of the island. our guide could not have been better his road awareness was excellent and cared for all three vehicles very well. he took no chances and made sure we all negotiated each junction safley. the equipment was fine and they insisted the quad bike driver wore a crash helmet at all times. The extra cost of a private hire was well worth it as we did what we wanted. evenwhen we overtook a much slowere convoy of buggies he showed great skill and care making sure that we and they passed safley. We booked the trip through Daniel who is between the tatoo stall and papa dino on the main street. well worth using him to book as he has a great knowledge and spoke good english and cared about what he was doing. Best aprt of the holiday for excitment. Just remeber its dusty up in them there hills so a face bandana sun glasses and full clothing recomended and it can be chilly in the hill sos extra layers well worth it.

Reviewed 2 April 2016

Booked an enduro trip with Vins and I must say it was the highlight of my holidays. He took me to some places that you would never go, or reach on your own. On some bits we must have been hitting 100km/h, blasting through the dry river, over the mountains and the back country. Vins rides to your ability, and is constantly turning around making sure you can keep up. Very professional company.
* one tip - stop for a drink in cotillo ;)

Anyone with a motorbike license that is looking for some fun/adrenaline, book this trip, it won't disappoint you!!!

1  Thank Alex T
Reviewed 20 January 2016

The ride was perfect. Perfect island to explore using an enduro motor.
Great trip, nice bikes, good equipment, cool guys!

See more reviews
Reviewed 6 November 2015 via mobile

I took my son and daughter on their four hour buggy trip around the north of west of Fuerteventura, this part of the island is really lovely particularly between Corralejo el cotillo national park.
My impression however was that the buggies used by Vinscross were in a very poor state of repair, the passenger seat belts did not work on our buggy , they refused fix this or to give me my money back, but explained that the dust had broken it. They did, however, provide plastic cable ties to keep the seat belt bugle in place but explain that we did not need to be strapped in properly as the trip was not that dangerous, we used these ties until we felt that getting out of the buggy should it catch on fire was probably a bigger risk due to engine issues we were by then enduring.(it's illegal to drive on any public road in Spain without the passenger being buckled in properly with a functioning seatbelt ie one that closes and importantly opens too, they openly said the seatbelt was defective for another buggy that only had one person in it. ) in addition to this both my front tiers were comply balled there was no tread on them at all. These defects should any personal injury have occurred would have resulted in the voiding of the insurance they say they had, but more importantly it demonstrates a disregard for the personal safety of their clients., which should be at the forefront of their operation.

Further examples of the lack of maintance became apparent as one buggy had a flat tier half way through the trip , the leader disparagingly saying to all of us without them present that the couple had clearly gone off road. They had not as I could see them in my broken wing mirrors following me as best they could through all the dust. I explained this to the leader who decided at this point that he could not understand english, thankfully they were not charged for the puncture although he did say this was their normal practise. They had to drive slowly into to el cotille before repairs could be carried out, despite spending at least 20 mins trying to carryout repairs by the road side which were not successful. Another buggy broke down minuets from effecting this first repair at el cotillio which took a further 15 mins to repair and then my buggy which had suffered from continual juddering when accelerating and clearly had engine issue, Refused to start for at least 2 minutes at this point too. I had further issues with the breaks on my buggy which were in effective and seem to be working better on one side than the other resulting in uneven breaking.

The out fit appears to be poorly run whilst they say they have insurance it seems unlikely that this could be used on all their buggies as that were not legally road worthy, although you do sign a small piece of paper which does say:-

"The price includes full insurance, as long as the guide's instruction are followed. The insurance does not cover driver own injuries caused by imprudence or disrespect of the high way code."

Please note it does not say what the guides instruction are, which you find out later is, "don't get a puncture or damage the buggy in any way as you are responsible for this and any other damage or what full insurance is if it does not include personal injury."

I would recommend going else where, I think there is a disaster waiting to happen here and am just thankful it did not involving my family. Choose an outfit that demonstrates a more responsible attitude towards their clients safety and wellbeing along with the equipment used to run their business. Yes it a fun trip but your wellbeing and those of your family are important. Cherish them and be careful.

1  Thank Donald888