L'Hermitage(Orient)
US$230
US$203
All reviewssmall hotelrelaxing holidaycyclistsmallorcancyclinginternet
Reviewed 28 August 2017

WIFI not. Well yes but unusably slow - Tho I found I could tether to my phone which of course can be data intensive.

"Mountains! - that's why" - says the manager with a dismissive flourish.

I got very ill (still am back after 5 days) - one can never be sure of the reasons but this manager was having none of it. When I suggested the fish I had he said he had only checked the fish with the cook that very day which seemed a bit of a coincidence.

One should also be aware that idyllic majorcan mountain retreats with difficult access seem to me to have one problem - sewage - its collected by trucks. Only problem is when a pipe to the truck breaks - not nice. In fairness to our manager he moved us to a further room away from the smell but very begrudgingly allowed us to stay for extra 2 hrs on departure cause i was a bit ill to catch the plane.

Being a bit of a grump myself the last thing I would ever do is run a bar or hotel. I know my shortcomings - but others similarly disposed should know theirs as well.

Also - I forgot to mention - water. There is none - unless you want to pay restaurant prices. There's no fridge and no bottled water so we went to the nearest (very good) supermercado in Almero 8 km on (extremely narrow) winding road (btw - make sure you take out the fullest car insurance - I easily managed to blow out a tyre hitting a rock.) and kept it in a sink full of water. I didn't dare ask the manager for a fridge :-)

I don't exactly knot a handkerchief on my head but come back cramped English B & B with tea-making in the room - all is forgiven.

Don't think Ill be back. Pool is great by the way.

Room Tip: the room with the larger window to the ground was better :-)
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2017

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Dalt Muntanya. The accommodation was comfortable, the room was clean, buffet breakfast was excellent and service was good. The owner can seem a bit gruff, but in reality once we broke the ice he was very helpful with travel directions and wished us a safe journey.

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed 28 June 2017

A small hotel which doesn't have a lift. Bedroom 16 has an extra set of stairs to the en suite bathroom. It doesn't have air conditioning and internet is poor. The breakfast was very good. I felt the evening meals could be better. The location is very rural and it is a windy road from Bunyola to reach it. The staff are very friendly and helpful. If it is a relaxing holiday you want then the pool area is lovely to sit by in the garden and the views are picturesque. It is a walking area but it was too hot to walk in June.

• Stayed: June 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Barbara T
Reviewed 12 May 2017

We had a great couple of days here. The hotel is located in the middle of the little village of Orient. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable. Nice outdoor space, with a garden and pool. The staff were really friendly and helpful. Plus it is great value. Great breakfast buffet. The only thing that lets it down is the quality of its restaurant food. It's OK but nothing special.

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 4 October 2016

Fantastic staff - friendly and helpful all the time. Beautiful hotel and stunning pool. Very relaxing place for a weekend. Great walking around the area. Excellent breakfast including mallorcan hams, cheeses and delicious breads. The restaurant food was also delicious with a good selection of wines both Mallorcan and national. Can't recommend it enough! Thank you Victor and all your staff.

• Stayed: October 2016, traveled as a couple