“Consistent Quality”

Restaurant Le Blanchot
Ranked #54 of 100 Restaurants in Meribel
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The most beautiful exhibition on Meribel, a sunny terrace with unique views, on the tracks in the direction of Meribel-Village, Le Blanchot welcomes you. Accessible by road too.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I raved over this restaurant following our visits in January, we were fortunate enough to visit Meribel for skiing again in February and March. Of course we paid Le Blanchot a visit again, in fact it was difficult to keep us away, as if we were on that side of the mountain at lunchtime we didn't look elsewhere. Superb food in comfortable surroundings, good friendly service, unfortunately we will need to wait until 2019 before our next visit.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stopped for a coffee early afternoon whilst skiing but was told this was not possible on the terrace as it was “too cold” (it’s a ski resort so there was some snow about but it was a lovely sunny afternoon). Nor could we have drinks inside because they needed to get ready for the evening. All this was communicated in an off-hand way by a charmless manager. Not sure why he behaved like this but certainly wouldn’t recommend it to anyone calling in for a drink.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stopped in here without a reservation and despite being fully booked for one hour later the owner very kindly invited us in for a quick lunch. Service was quick and friendly, with the owner making fantastic recommendations personally. The veal was exceptional as were the lamb and desserts. A lovely place to have lunch at on the slopes!!!

Reviewed March 14, 2018 via mobile

Was here with my girlfriend and members of my family. Had a table at 13:00, seated outdoors. The ambience is magnificent, low volume music and absolutely stunning views. Service personnel very friendly and responsive, and the food was probably the best I have ever had in any ski resort. Nothing but golden stars to this place! Also very friendly owner.

Reviewed March 6, 2018

Have been coming back to this restaurant for the last 6 years in a row when on winter holiday and have always been very satisfied but, now I am disappointed.
Normally go back here a couple of times during my stay but, now I only went this once.
The menu is totally different and is more of an evening menu with starters and main course instead of real lunch dishes.
Quality of the food is good but, not spectacular.
Not sure what happened but, not sure if I will try again.