All reviewsspa treatmentschocolate massagechocolate makingdelicious chocolatechocolate experiencepool areamodern artgreat poolattractive hotelspanish lessonsbreakfast buffetlittle corn islanddeluxe roomhotel guestsopen courtyardboat ridehot water
Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel on arriving in Nicaragua. The hotel offered airport pickups which was really helpful as we arrived during the evening. The hotel is situated just a short distance from the main square.
It’s a attractive hotel, very spacious with lots of different seating areas which are buzzing during day with people having Spanish lessons. We booked standard rooms which were ok and perhaps a little dark, there was plenty of hot water with a very interesting basin in the bathroom! Breakfast was a plentiful buffet with eggs or pancakes freshly cooked to order. The staff were friendly genuine and helpful, which we found to be the same all over the country.
We had a back and shoulder massage, which was half price for hotel guests, it was very professional. The hotel has a chocolate museum on site which can be busy at times with groups taken around, it can be a little noisy and disconcerting if you are sat having your breakfast. But all good fun!
The swimming pool was a good size with its own pet ducks. The only problem we encountered were day guests who came and took over the pool so no seats were available when we returned in the afternoon.
We would really recommend this hotel as a first stop in Nicaragua.

Stayed: February 2018, traveled with friends
1  Thank tiggyDorset
Mansion d, Gerente at Mansion de Chocolate, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2018

Hello dear costumer.

Thank you for your beautiful comments and recommend our hotel.

We are happy because you felt good and happy to be in our unique and diverse hotel.

Please can back soon. We will be here waiting for you and your family.

Best

Reviewed 22 February 2018 via mobile

What can I say that hasn't been said before. Real Granada! And to see Tony, Flor and Saskya was a breath of fresh air. I rented a bike and drove around town for hours and I would recommend this to anyone . Best Chocolate you will ever eat and you can take classes to make it as well. Be careful of the Chocolate liquor. It will get you tipsy to say the least

Stayed: February 2018, traveled as a couple
Mansion d, Gerente at Mansion de Chocolate, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2018

Hi Travis!

Thank you so much again for your visit, we are always happy to serve you and Cayley. We knew you got lost trying to explore
the town :-)

Come back soon!

Greeting from all the Mansion team

Reviewed 15 February 2018

Really can't say enough good things about Mansion de Chocolate. As woman traveling alone -- too-old-to-backpack/hostel it, but still wanting to be nearish the action -- it is pretty perfect. I splurged on a deluxe room as I was staying 5 nights and wanted to spread out a bit. Lovely high ceilings, unique décor, fine big bed and great pillows. Birds and rustling palms outside the window (Granada can be rather windy, sounded a lot like the shores of Georgian Bay at night minus water lapping).

The staff are lovely, and many speak good to excellent English, but not all. Very helpful with tours (they do some of their own, great guiding from Tony through Las Isletas), a nice poolside bar, where Flor makes great mojitos and macua. Simple food there during the day. Breakfast is great, beautiful to take in the open courtyard. Fantastic coffee, and delicious chocolate of course.

The pool is a popular day for many travelers in town, and the hotel is home to a Spanish school where students of all ages spend time one-on-one with teachers in the inner courtyard mornings and afternoons, and chocolate-making demos go on regularly, so the place feels more like a whole little community than a hotel. Quite quiet at night, but there is always someone at reception to open the door for you if you stay out a bit later.

A gorgeous cat patrols the balconies, a small dog is often around reception, and some ducks visit the pool daily -- like I said, a whole community!

• Stayed: February 2018, traveled solo

Hi Lara!

THANK YOU for your wonderful word and comments to Hotel Mansion and all the Mansion team. We are so happy to hear your good experience with "the community" :-)

We wait for you very soon for our beatiful Granada.

Best regards from all the team.

Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

I’m surprised to read that the reception at this hotel was one of the best a recent reviewer had ever received. The reception I received was befitting of something the cat dragged in. Although I had paid upfront for a ‘deluxe’ room for 5 nights, after some faffing about I was informed I could have the room for 2 nights and then I would have to move to another hotel. I flatly refused, (a decision I came to regret!) - which resulted in an immediate back down on their part. It was not a nice start though. This is a bustling, busy lively hotel. Don’t stay here if you want peace & quiet. Spanish lessons are going on all over the place - including a woman Skyping a lesson from the sofa directly outside our room when we arrived! There is a lot of shouting from the tours of the chocolate museum, some people standing in a circle chanting about being happy, ping pong noise from table tennis and the general buzz from the pool & spa area. I quite enjoyed the hubbub during the day but I did not have one good nights sleep in this hotel for reasons of other noise. On the first night a tree kept banging against our roof in the wind so we moved. To the hotel’s credit they did take note of what we said & had someone cut the branch off. It was a case of out of the frying pan though because the room we moved to was subject to the intermittent sound of another rooms air conditioning unit ALL NIGHT, the external part of which was in front of our room. It was like a really loud engine a few feet away starting and running for 15 minutes before stopping for 5... and so it went on. It was torture. Even my industrial ear plugs were useless because of the vibration. I asked to move again for nights 4 & 5 but was told the place was full. It’s a quirky place. Lovely building, great view of Mombacho & some great pieces of modern & post-modern inspired furniture dotted about. Good-ish, generous breakfast & spacious (but shabby) room. However, I would never stay here again & regret booking it for our last 5 nights. It was a disappointing end to a fantastic month in Nicaragua and I went home with sleep deprivation because it’s not somewhere to get good sleep!

Stayed: February 2018, traveled as a couple

Hello Mr Jemmy.

Your comment is very important to us which we will take into account.

We regret to know that your last days in Nicaragua were not to your liking. We try to make the best during your stay with us.

Thank you for your word and receive the best from all the Mansion de chocolate team.

Reviewed 4 February 2018

Beautiful hotel with excellent customer service. We stumbled in after a harrowing boat ride from Little Corn and my friend was feeling sick from something she had eaten prior to our arrival in Granada. Tony took one look at us and immediately changed our room so we could go to it right away instead of having to wait. There was some confusion about a package deal we had bought and he fixed everything immediately. Gorgeous grounds and pool, with adorable resident whistling ducks. Delicious breakfast. Had a great massage with Ileana and everything I ate there that had chocolate in it was fantastic. Can't rate this place highly enough, thank you for a wonderful stay!

Stayed: January 2018

Hi dear costumer.

Thank you for your wonderful word. I remeber you and your friend and all your crazy experience of corn island boat.

Greating from all the Mansion team, from Tony and my own.

Best