US$44
US$34
  • Breakfast included
US$25
The Emerald Cove Koh Chang(Ko Chang)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$54
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$60/night.

Top Resort(Ko Chang)(Great Value!)
US$35
US$28
Sea View Resort & Spa Koh Chang(Ko Chang)(Great Value!)
US$141
US$58
Agoda.com
Thai Garden Hill Resort, Koh Chang(Ko Chang)(Great Value!)
US$18
US$17
Island View Resort & Spa(Ko Chang)(Great Value!)
US$31
US$77
US$42
Agoda.com
AWA Resort(Ko Chang)(Great Value!)
US$77
US$55
Agoda.com
KC Grande Resort & Spa(Ko Chang)
US$132
US$79
Priceline
All reviewshappy turtlepool villalonely beachbeach barprivate beachstandard roombailan bayocean viewbaoreception areanice beachthe room was nicemain poolthe hotel offersbuffet breakfastquiet locationhotel beach
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Clean Rooms, Big Swimming Pool (extra for Swimmers), Separate Pool for fun. Too far away from the Hotspots of the Island. Until we asked for a additional timber mattress, the bed was hard as a Stone. The Beach is very stony.

• Stayed: June 2018, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed 8 June 2018

• Stayed: June 2018, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
MCKC_Management_Team, Manager at Mercure Koh Chang Hideaway Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

It’s a pity that such a good property can be undone by the rude behavior of the front office manager and misleading information shared by the staff at the time of check in.

The property however is very well located with good amenities. Also the property is very clean.

I am staying here with my father and another family member ( Deluxe ocean view )
This is my second time to this place. I had hand picked this place to bring my family with me this time.
I must say I’m already regretting the decision this time.

At the time of check in we were informed incorrectly that an additional guest must pay 1414 Baht per night ( irrespective of whether the additional guest needs a bed or not ) So we did pay up trusting that a property of Accor’s repute will normally comply as per their policy.

The next day when we went into breakfast we had absolutely no problem. But I noticed that the lady who welcomed us, marked us to the wrong number. I seated my elderly parents and went back to her and informed her regarding my actual room number. There seemed to be a confusion and I requested her to contact the front desk where I had already made the payment for the additional guest upfront at the behest of the staff who checked me in ( Khun Rooky ). Normally in most four star hotels additional charges for a third guest consists of bed and breakfast, if not they clarify it upfront.

After that before we set out on an island tour we informed the front office staff about the confusion we witnessed over breakfast. She said that the lady who checked us in was different and she would get back to us.
When we returned from the island tour to collect our keys, they said we need to talk about our grieviance to the same lady and we had to wait till she returned next day ( since it was a day off ). In the middle of all this we did see the front office manager walk right in front of us and making no effort in talking to us while we were there.
Now this is not something you can expect from a four star resort.
I did inform the lady at the front office that your front office manager is expected to talk to us when she is aware of the problem and not make customers wait for the person who checked us in and gave us wrong information.
All of a sudden after my swim the front office manager ( K’Atthadit) barges into me and raises her voice and spoke very rudely in front of my father. You never expect this from Thai staff ( I have been living in Thailand for over two years and work with Toyota over here and never had such an experience at any four star resort before and Thai people are actually very kind and co- operative )
I must say she was very unprofessional in her approach to me with racist remarks. Now you don’t expect this from an Accor property.
I told her I wanted to speak to Khun Bunchai ( since my company (Toyota )staff recommended me to talk to the EM. Also the owners of the property ( two brothers ) are supposedly very customer friendly.
On the way from the pool to the lobby ,she was loud and rude to me.
Infact she continued to yell at me even infront of the duty manager ( he seems to be very professional and informed us that he would bring it to the notice of the hotel Management). That’s when I demanded an apology from her and informed the duty manager ( K’Aomy) that I want to speak to the Management of the hotel.
The duty manager informed me that he will arrange for it today before I check out.

There is no dearth of great properties in Koh Chang but what guests with family seek is good treatment to people from all country.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed 25 April 2018

First of all I would like to say that I'm not a fussy traveler, I don't mind to stay in a tent in the woods out camping and I wouldn't really need much... So that's why I never complain really, but in here I have to say few things to warn other travelers, because they are unseen before you visit..
I will add few pictures to show you the conditions of the rooms..
As I said earlier, I don't mind an oldish rooms, it wouldn't bother me that much... but I will never understand laziness. Rooms are very dirty, sliding door looks like it was never washed since hotel was build, the shelf where they keep the clean towels is covered in chunks of dirt/dust which you can see from far away.. floor in the shower feels like in some prison, rusty pipes and mouldy edges everywhere, walls are dirty.. same with the toilets, doesn't even feels like you are in a hotel room when you are in bathroom or toilet, so uncomfortable.. About balcony.. we were thinking there is a room with balcony so paid a little extra for better room and it turned out that it wasn't really a balcony but a french sliding door to some kind of an walled area with 0.5x1m square... and again! full of dead centipedes, spiders, thousand of leaves and all source of dirt with dirty wall bench in the middle of it.. surely that are never ever been entered or cleaned or anything..
cleaning in the rooms? one day we stayed in room until 13:00 after a night out, than we went away and room wasn't done for the whole day.. ok fair enough, our fault, we missed the time of cleaning in the bed so our room wasn't done (even tho, most of the hotel would check if you are in and than come back afternoon and clean your room instead), but guess what? our room wasn't made up for about 4-5 days during our 1 1/2 week stay.. why? no idea.. didn't bother asking.. and I would like to point out, when the room was done, all they were doing is putting bed sheets on place, they were not even cleaning the floors, sand from beach was all over the place.. our friends had exactly same room next to us and condition was as poor.. I was in their room and same situation with shelves and windows and bathroom and everything else... they even said that the bed sheets were not changed, just put back in the place, because they had a blood stain on it and they saw it next day... left 100 baht on the second night for cleaning staff just to say thanks, that didn't help, next day they just didn't clean our room :D
Swimming pool is very small and only 1.2m deep... when you get few people in the hotel it gets pretty crowded, that didn't bother us much because we didn't spend much time in hotel..
beach is very rocky so be careful getting in or out, there is fantastic beaches around the area, the public ones.. so the hotel one nobody swims or stays on it...
I've got a feeling that hotel itself doesn't want you to stay on their grounds, staff are not welcoming, bar is overpriced, nobody drinks at the bar, few new people in hotel buys a drink on their first day and than realizes the scam and spends the rest of the holiday somewhere else...
I will show you an example.. I went up on my first day to the bar, without knowing the prices for a bottle of beer on the beach bar.. took the menu: 150 baht for a small bottle of chang beer.. hmmm... it's almost 5 euro, I got a little bit shocked because even for us in Ireland with higher prices than in most Europe that would be a lot! Guess what? I gave 150 baht to the barman, and he hands over recite to me and points the finger that I should also pay VAT so all together is 176 baht!!!!! for a bloody 0.320 ml bottle of a local beer? Almost a 6 euro, I thought that's going to be an expensive holiday :D haha... well next day when we went out from hotel I realized that our hotel is a scam and even on the most busy White sand beach right on the beach in the bar you will pay maximum of 60-80 baht for a beer and around 40 baht in the shop, which is great! That was just an example for you to understand how this hotel works....
Another funny thing to add on: they have a sing by the beach saying that you can't have your own food and drinks on the POOL are and BEACH are... and than few meters away there is a sign saying - BEACH is not a part of hotel area so hotel doesn't take a responsibility for whatever happens... funny? Doesn't make sense I think :) Just to sum up, we had a fantastic stay in Thailand, fantastic food, very nice people and I'm I will be back soon, but surely not in this hotel.
P.S.: I traveled many place around the world, mostly around Caribbean, and never wrote a review before, that is my first review, I just couldn't walk passed this one, because on the pictures this hotel looks completely different..

• Stayed: April 2018, traveled as a couple
MCKC_Management_Team, Manager at Mercure Koh Chang Hideaway Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2018

Dear MihailBorunov,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor and telling us about your experience at the Mercure Koh Chang Hideaway. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

The Management Team
Mercure Koh Chang Hideaway

Reviewed 21 April 2018

We booked this hotel for a short break, all we want to have was a nice bed (what we got) and a quiet atmosphere (which we did not get).

We ve been upgraded to a "pool room" which was fine, these rooms share a small pool with direct access from the room.

In the middle of the night we ve been waken up by the noise made by the air condition, and I m talking about real noise (we did not call reception because it was 3AM, so we turned of the AC and the room got very warm (it s Thailand), at around 7 Oclock we ve been waken up by the kids from the neighbouring rooms - they took their morning splash in the pool (what I loved to do when I was 7 years old - but as an old person I prefer sleeping over swimming.

Anyhow, we went to the reception and told them that the room was to noisy for us, and we like to change - they offered us an sea view room - and ask for additional 700THB per night - which I did not want to pay (yeah call me El Cheapo).

So I asked reception to call the GM, they told me he is not available for me. So I said I m leaving, which was fine by everybody - but of course they wanted me to pay for the second night as well. After a longer discussion they gave me the options of a free upgrade to the sea view room or to leave without the payment for the second day - which we choose.

Then again I asked for the email address of the GM to discuss this issue with him - they told me he has no email address.

As a former Platinum now Gold customer with Accor hotels and a Zenit with Swissotel (part of Accor) I stay about 90 nights a year with this company, normally this leads to a least good communications when problems occur - not this time. I also has nothing to do with me not familiar with Thai culture - I m staying about 2 - 3 months a year in Thailand, and doing business with Thai companys for over 20 years.

A simple: "Sorry for your inconvienece, we will find a quiet room for you" would have been enough to keep me happy - instead I had to discuss for over one hour with the staff.

Anyhow, the room was nice, the bed was super good, the location is a little remote (no real restaurants nearby), so nothing you can really complain about - but the way the handle problems is just not OK.

• Stayed: April 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GeneOctober
MCKC_Management_Team, Manager at Mercure Koh Chang Hideaway Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2018

Dear GeneOctober,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor. From your rating providing us one star review, this shows that hotel might be failed in some points either service provided by staff or maintenance experience, please accept our sincere apologies. For better improvement, kindly provide us some further information via fom@mercurekohchang.com

Thanks again for your review and it is our hope that you will give us a chance for better service next time.

The Management Team