Mercure Koh Chang Hideaway Hotel
Top Resort(Ko Chang)(Great Value!)
US$36
US$28
The Emerald Cove Koh Chang(Ko Chang)(Great Value!)
US$65
US$52
Agoda.com
Chai Chet Resort(Ko Chang)(Great Value!)
US$43
US$37
Hotels.com
US$57
US$47
  • Pool
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$56/night.

Santhiya Tree Koh Chang Resort(Ko Chang)(Great Value!)
US$68
US$62
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$84/night.

Coconut Beach Resort(Ko Chang)(Great Value!)
US$29
US$23
US$34
US$32
  • Breakfast included
Na Tara Resort(Ko Chang)(Great Value!)
US$52
US$34
Priceline
Island View Resort & Spa(Ko Chang)(Great Value!)
US$26
Priceline
KC Grande Resort & Spa(Ko Chang)
US$81
US$75
Priceline
All reviewshappy turtlepool villalonely beachbeach barprivate beachstandard roombailan bayocean viewbaobaht per personreception areanice beachthe room was nicemain poolthe hotel offersbuffet breakfastbeautiful resort
Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend stayed at the Mercure Hideaway koh chang from 20 to 25 of february and that's what we found out.
The Mercure hotel is in the middle of nothing.
You have to rent a motorbike to go at any place but you found out that is not that easy. At night the roads are really dark and full of sharp turns.
Saying that let's talk about the hotel.
The hotel itself seems beautiful and the price for dinner are reasonable enough.
The cleaning in the rooms are a totally different story.
We found the room not that clean in general but that was just the start.
We found out that the pillow and the topper of our room had some blood spots ( 6 blood spots in the topper ) and when we asked to have it changed they simply removed it.
It's still possible that we were unlucky but one thing is certain, if you, like us, are not so good whit motorbike at night it's not a good place to stay (if you want to reach some pub or restaurant)

Stayed: February 2018, traveled as a couple
MCKC_Management_Team, Manager at Mercure Koh Chang Hideaway Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2018

Dear Roberto,

Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

Very desappointed from the overprice to the cleaness of the room.
The room was very expensive comparing to the quality of the service as Well as the accommodation.
Thé breakfast was not included on our room rate.
The only good points are the location of the hotel and the gym rather than this nothing to do with mercure.
We loved the island we decided to come back but never to this hôtel.
Room was not cleaness allover our 7 nights stay eventhought we have made a complain.
At check-out they ve told me to wait untill the housekeeping will check the room then the receptionnist asked me to payer 150 bat local currency for à laundry bag that i ve taken to put my durty clothers.

Not even writing anywhere that we have to pay for italien.

You can find much better accommodation less expensive for What we have paix.

I Felt that i was not considered as à person but like à bank.

Stayed: February 2018, traveled as a couple
MCKC_Management_Team, Manager at Mercure Koh Chang Hideaway Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2018

Dear Ricobico,

Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

My husband and i stayed at the Mercure for 10 nights in high season. We paid around £60 per night for a deluxe ocean view room without breakfast.

Overall, I believe the hotel is good value for money. The rooms are large, clean and bright with good features. There is a wide screen TV and DVD player, with a plethora of english speaking channels. There js a large bath /Jacuzzi and you can open up the windows so you are looking at your view from the bathtub! Other details have been thought of such as bathrobes, his and hers flip flops, and even bug spray.

Upon arrival, we requested to switch rooms. There are a couple of 'ocean view' rooms which overlook the pool, and have very little privacy. They are located close to the pool so people have a good view into your room and have very little ocean view. I'd recommend you send an email to the hotel before you arrive requesting one of the rooms above the restaurant. You can see in my pictures the difference in views. Id recommend mercure management reassess how they sell these rooms as they are not 'ocean view' None the less, the staff were very attentive and moved us within 24 hours.

The pool and beach area are the best features of this hotel. Despite it being high season, there were always enough sunbeds - the hotel operates a handy 'one hour towel' policy which means they will remove towels from people who try to claim sunbeds all day without actually using them. A very good idea! The private beach is a tranquil haven. During high season this is priceless. The beach is in a cove so the water is not as transparent as say, neighbouring lonely beach, however, during high season public beaches are packed and noisey, so having slightly less transparent water was a good trade off in my opinion.

After reading some reviews, we decided not to purchase breakfast from the hotel. There are around 7-8 restaurants within a 5 minute walk of the hotel serving a good selection of breakfast for a reasonable price. If you're a family, or in a large group and you want to save a little money, I'd suggest you opt for breakfast outside. We ordered a couple of meals from room service which were below average and very expensive. The food was the biggest downside to the hotel whoch is why i have given it four stars.

Overall, I'd highly recommend the Mercure - just stay away from the food!

Dear JoHarrison84,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Koh Chang Hideaway. It is always a pleasure to receive positive or some negative feedback. I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services and also especially on the part of food quality issued. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Reviewed 7 February 2018

Stayed in a pool villa and was surprised at its size - bigger than expected. Booked hotel and then read some of the poor reviews here. Was worried as I had booked 10 nights. Not sure about the other rooms in the resort, but the pool villa experience was sensational. Only real issue was the hot water was not very hot in the shower. Wasn't an issue for us given it was 33 degrees every day. Otherwise, everything in the villa was great. Food-wise the breakfasts were solid 4 star breakfast. Not amazing but definitely enough variety and quality to keep us happy. Gym was pretty good. Pool was good. Western food in the restaurant was a bit average so I recommend sticking to thai as much as possible. The beach bar next to the hotel (head to the beach and turn left 50 metres) was amazing - great Italian and thai food and good music. We spent 4 or so days there. Hotel is ideal for relaxing with a partner or young family. I hope to visit again soon! Unlike other reviews, we found the hotel staff were really nice and attentive.

Room Tip: Pool Villa was worth the extra money.
  • Stayed: January 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PaulJ8136CF
MCKC_Management_Team, Manager at Mercure Koh Chang Hideaway Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2018

Dear PaulJ8136CF,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Koh Chang Hideaway. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Reviewed 30 January 2018

Location is very good
Rooms are nice.
Prices are very expensive
Service is very poor.
You get only one key card even if 2 or 3 people are staying in one room.
their excuse is that they don't have enough key cards.
The hotel is quite expensive for normal tourist ant the hotel charges for everything except the air you breath in their premises (i am sure they are figuring out a way to charge for that also)

Room Tip: Pool Villas are the best, the ones facing the ocean are even better
  • Stayed: January 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank aps55

Dear APS55

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Mercure Koh Chang Hideaway. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. At Mercure, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence. We appreciate your sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.