The Emerald Cove Koh Chang(Ko Chang)(Great Value!)
US$155
US$54
Agoda.com
US$139
US$67
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$79/night.

Sea View Koh Chang(Ko Chang)(Great Value!)
US$168
US$53
Priceline
KC Grande Resort & Spa(Ko Chang)
US$87
US$62
Trip.com
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$72/night.

AWA Resort(Ko Chang)(Great Value!)
US$53
US$42
Agoda.com
Bailan Beach Resort(Ko Chang)(Great Value!)
US$33
US$28
  • Breakfast included
Parama Resort Koh chang(Ko Chang Tai)(Great Value!)
US$57
US$37
Priceline
Island View Resort & Spa(Ko Chang)(Great Value!)
US$31
US$24
US$24
US$20
  • Breakfast included
Amber Sands Beach Resort(Ko Chang)
US$73
US$67
Travelocity
All reviewspool villalonely beachprivate beachbeach barbailan baystandard roomocean viewbaonice beachmain poolreception areathe room was nicebuffet breakfastquiet locationbooked nightsnice breakfastbig pool
Reviewed 23 July 2015

My husband and I planned our stay in Koh Chang and planned to renew our Wedding Vows while we where there. I sent a number of emails to the hotel to try to co-ordinate a photographer and celebrant. We did not have any family or friends with us and just wanted a very private ceremony. I explained this to their co-ordinator. They sent me an email referring me to their Wedding Organisers who in turn sent me an email with prices for a 6 pound cake, hair and makeup packages, decorations, etc, etc. I let them know that it was just my husband and I and they quoted me $400 AUD for a celebrant, more for a photographer and still wanted to sell me a 6 pound cake!!! I contacted the hotel and explained (again) that we just wanted a ceremony on the beach in the morning. They replied saying that they only dealt through the Wedding Organisers!! Eventually I found my own photographer and celebrant and assumed that I would not have any problems getting permission to hold the ceremony on the beach as we were staying at the hotel. When we checked in we asked to speak to the manager. A lady came out and we explained our requirement. She refused, saying that unless we booked the photographer and dinner through them that they would not let us hold it there. I was very upset and over the next few hours managed to organise another location for the ceremony.
To top this off, I had lost my Accor Membership Card and they made the requirements to use the card very difficult even though they had confirmation of my paid up membership.
The hotel itself is beautiful. We had a private poo/spa villa which was spotless and absolutely lovely. We had breakfast there 1 morning and dinner 1 night. Both times the variety of food was limited, but what was available was very nice. There are much cheaper options just out of the hotel. Also Mercure, the hotel is quite expensive as far as the island is concerned - surely you can afford to put more than 2 coffee sachets, 2 creamers, and 2 sugars in the room a day.
Also the main pool closes at 6pm. We have stayed in other hotels and been nicked off that the pool closes at 8pm. Lots of people are happy to go out for dinner and have a nice cool swim when they get home before bed especially in the hot climate of Thailand! They should re-think this policy!
Overall, I would stay here again but the services at this hotel need to be seriously looked at as just someone with better communication could have helped us along the way and made our stay much less stressful. Oh, and we did find out later that we could have used the beach for the ceremony as the beach at the front of the hotel is a Public Beach!!!

Room Tip: We had a private pool and spa and it was great. Spend the extra it is well worth it!!
  • Stayed: July 2015, traveled as a couple
1  Thank woodsimmo
MCKC_Management_Team, General Manager at Mercure Koh Chang Hideaway Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2015

Dear Sir/Madam,

We regret to hear of your unpleasant experience during your stay at Mercure Koh Chang Hideaway.

We have seriously addressed your comments with all concerned persons in the team in order to find the improvement of our services.

We hope that we would have an opportunity to redeem ourselves and please directly contact me via my email address gm@mercurekohchang.com for any further room reservation or inquiry.

Look forward to welcome you back to our hotel for your next holidays to Koh Chang.

Reviewed 1 July 2015

Mercure Hideaway is away from the pier, after the Lonely beach. One of the best resorts to stay in. The rooms look awesome and well decorated. so is the resort.
The pool has a great view of the sea and there is another pool near the separate cottages. Jacuzzi on the beach is fun and relaxing with great view though a lot of people use them to wash their feet when walking in from the beach.

Food is like any other star resort and highly priced. Though there are a lot of places to eat around the place.

Not very close to markets. Have to take a taxi. A little way away there is the fisherman's pier. The seafood is a steal and fresh. Goo places to do some shopping around there.

Room Tip: Rooms closer to the beach are a bit noisy but the best view
  • Stayed: November 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Moontooz
MCKC_Management_Team, General Manager at Mercure Koh Chang Hideaway Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2015

Dear Sir/Madam,

We would like to thank you for your comments about our hotel during your stay in our hotel

We hope that we would have an opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel for your next
holidays in Koh Chang.

Reviewed 24 June 2015

The moment I opened the door of my room, I felt as if there had not been guests visiting the room for many years! Dust was all around the room and I was very disappointed. However, after discussing the issue with hotel manager, he arranged and upgraded a new room, which is nice.

• Stayed: December 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank jththorne
MCKC_Management_Team, General Manager at Mercure Koh Chang Hideaway Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2015

Dear Sir,

We regret to hear of your unpleasant experience upon your arrival at the hotel.

Hoping that our action to solve the problem would meet to your satisfaction and look forward
to welcome you back to our hotel for your next holidays in Koh Chang.

Reviewed 22 June 2015 via mobile

The Mercure Koh Chang Hideaway is a good hotel. No more, no less. Pretty much everything is as you'd expect it. It's a relatively luxurious resort on an island in Thailand. The room I stayed in was pleasant. There was a large bathroom with a great shower, a nice bed and my porch led straight to the Olympic swimming pool. I should say though that in the six nights I stayed there. My bedsheets weren't changed once. This is due to the environmental policy run by the hotel to prevent the waste of water. Your sheets will only be changed if you let the housekeeping staff know you want them changed. I assume by dropping them on the floor, but I always forgot about this in the morning. The hotel also has a problem with mosquitos. Largely due to the fact that the staff keep your door open while cleaning the room. This led to us having at least 10 mosquito bites each after two nights. There is an aerosol can present in the room though, but we didn't want to use this for health reasons. It was also a bummer that the large pool was under renovations and they hadn't completed yet before the end of my stay, and that the staff didn't take my word for it that I hadn't received a room service menu on my room (making me first go check again before getting one). Overall the stay was nice. Right outside the hotel was an atm and a travel agency with a reliable motor bike rental. And it's walking distance from the great Tamarin restaurant in the local village. That's definitely worth checking out.

Stayed: June 2015, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jeroen H
MCKC_Management_Team, General Manager at Mercure Koh Chang Hideaway Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2015

Dear Sir/Madam,

We would like to thank you for your kind patronage to our hotel.

Hoping that we would have an opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel for your next visit
to Koh Chang.

Reviewed 19 June 2015

Mercure Hideaway is one of the most exclusive hotels on Koh Chang.
The name, hideaway, does do it justice because it is located away from any city or village but with the fast taxi service only a reception call away, you will soon be on your way to one of the many small towns along the coast.

Mercure Hideaway really is exclusive. With the many small water canals going in and out from the main rounded reception area it offers two pools - where one of the pools has rooms directly accessed to them.

It is just a couple of meters from the beach and has a great restaurant with a big menu and buffet and a poolbar where you can get all your drinks you desire.

Just along side the beach, some 50 meters, there are an independent (not a Mercure Hideaway) beach bar which offers small dishes and fantastic drinks and cocktails with beach chairs and a front to the lagune and water.

Mercure is definitely a more expensive choice than some of the other hotels on the island but you get a fantastic room, good service, friendly staff and is perfect if you don't want or need to be in a town or have to hit the bars at the night or have kids with you.

For some hotels in Koh Chang they have troubles with clean water and toilet facilities, these were not an issue at Mercure Hideaway.

Just next to the hotel is a trip and adventure agency where you can book all sort of exciting and different adventures and trips like elephant riding, ATW trip, waterfall (if you are in the right month), snorkling and much more. This was very convenient and easy to try some different tours that Koh Chang has to offer.

• Stayed: May 2015, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Emil D
MCKC_Management_Team, General Manager at Mercure Koh Chang Hideaway Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2015

Dear Sir,

We are pleased to hear of your pleasant stay during visit to our Mercure Koh Chang Hideaway.

We have shared your comments to the team and it is a great message to the hotel team to continue their effort to provide the services to all our guests.

Once again thank you and hoping that we would have an opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel again for your next holidays to Koh Chang.