All reviewsgrand villasuperb locationgreat wifiegg stationgreat poolbeach hutklong prao beachair conpool barbreakfast buffetwi fibeach sideevery morninglow seasonstayed nightshillsidethai
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

This is my 4th trip to koh chang and each time we have stayed at chai Chet resort.
It used to be good but each time has got a little bit worse to the point that this time was so bad it will be the last time I stay here.
They ask you to pay a deposit via PayPal. Then when you check in you have to pay the PayPal fee on top! Breakfast was so packed it's hard to get a table. They used to have nice little pontoons which you can book for a romantic meal....THEY'RE GONE!
There was group's of drunken thai men trying to sing all night. Dying cats would have been more melodic.
The swimming pool used to be delightful. Inviting blue water. Now it's brown. (I have no idea why
Chai Chet has expanded too much and they have become greedy. A mistake many places in Thailand has made.
Goodbye chaichet resort. What a shame.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed 15 February 2018

Having stayed many times on the island we were hoping for an above average hotel. The place itself, along with the facilities and actual hotel (building) is fine, it is quite beautiful actually. As were the staff, helpful and friendly. The management of the place was however appalling. In fact I didn't see the manager once. I asked to see the manager but was politely distracted. A hotel that has everything but lacks it all through bad management. The breakfast was a 'that will do' affair. The coffee tasted like water, which they left boiling on the buffet table. Two choices of plastic sliced bread. The food was uninspiring, limp and thrown together. We decided not to attempt dining at the hotel. We had a stunning sea view beach hut, but there was no were to put my cosmetics, soap etc but the floor. There was no soap available at the sink. So you had to go to the shower to help yourself to the diluted soap at the stiff shower soap dispenser. The shower was luke warm verging on cold. Having to bring our keys back to reception to qualify 'to get your room cleaned' is not what I would describe as 4 star comfort. I usually come away on holiday not to have to think about my room being cleaned (I of course forgot to bring the key back and our room remained uncleaned). The pool had hard plastic reclining chairs - so if you lay there for more than 30 mins your back starts to hurt. With moldy (black mold) throw away white plastic tables. Really it is quite shocking. We were sat also sat around the pool with maybe 20 others in the boiling heat (30+C) waiting for the pool bar to open. At 11:30 my husband finally went to reception to ask for some staff and a drink! They didn't seem to know what time the pool bar was supposed to open. To see such a beautiful hotel being ruined by such a laissez faire attitude, give the bare minimum approach was a big shame. I don't usually give such detailed reviews, I was hoping to tell the manager before we left but they were no where to be seen. I saw no management. We stayed 3 nights! never again unfortunately. If you are looking for a stunning views, a lovely beach, and nice staff this hotel will just about do. But don't expect 4 star. This hotel is 2 star.

Room Tip: bring your own shampoo!
  • Stayed: February 2018, traveled with family
2  Thank Nam N
Reviewed 7 February 2018 via mobile

Just stayed here for three nights.
The resort looks so impressive and the grounds are well kept. The room however are very dated and in need of a total refurb. The bed was so hard. Bathroom a tad grim. No hot water in sink to wash your face and the shower only Luke warm. Our first night after a few hours of having the air on on it made a strange noise and then sounded like a tractor in our room. We informed reception the next morning and it was fixed that day.
In our three days there our room was not cleaned once even though we left the key for it to be cleaned.
Breakfast was very disappointing. Awful coffee and watered down juices. A choice of watermelon every morning with 1 other fruit. Never any bacon. Frankfurter type sausages and salad!!!
Omelette was ok. Just ask her to cook for longer so not raw in centre.

We had dinner one night and had bbq. Our starters never arrived and the chicken skewers were raw. Sent them back to be cooked more so resulted in us all eating at separate times.
However lunch was very good. The staff did run around and were attentive and helpful.

Please get rid of the awful coloured childish ornaments that do not at all fit in with the theme of the resort!!

We arranged our transfer by private mini van to Bangkok. Was ok apart from driver stopping so many times to eat/rest. Didn’t buy enough ferry tickets resulting in us missing the ferry we had queued for! Not great on a long trip.

Think with a refurb and some TLC this resort could be amazing

Stayed: February 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank Mummajuj
Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

Great little resort. Fabulous pool. Helpful staff. Has a small beachfront.
Food was average. Good cocktails.
Hillside rooms very basic. Clean rooms.
Close to shops and restaurants.
There is a shuttle bus up the hillside to and from your rooms as a lot of steps.
Not good resort for wheelchairs.

Stayed: February 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed 11 January 2018

The personnel provided good service, it has a superb location, it is quiet, but not dull. The serve a good Thai breakfast, lots of friendly people in the staff and easy to get around on your own. There are also other restaurants close by so you are not stuck to just one.

Room Tip: Best views from the bungaloves by the sea - perhaps 5-20 m from the sea. Sunset view from the cliffs close
  • Stayed: December 2017, traveled with family