“Great food, great music, great atmosphere!”
Review of Nana's Irish Pub

Nana's Irish Pub
Ranked #1 of 8 Restaurants in Middletown
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 16 January 2019 via mobile

The bar in the basement is neat. Food is delicious. They gave THE BEST hot sauce. Live entertainment. Friendly service. Totally worth the trip!

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed 5 January 2019 via mobile

Made a dinner stop on New Years Eve, first time we’ve been able to visit. Sry happy with the service and food.

Big portions and for younger kids you can split a plate for $2 extra which halves the entree and adds extra sides for each...and an extra slice of their soda bread. Fish and chips, corned Beef and cabbage, and Irish sausages were all good. We will definitely be back.

Located on Rt 11 in the small town of Middletown a short ride off the i81 exit.

I’ve stopped in a few Irish Pubs in my travels. When I have friends from Europe visit it’s a place I wouldn’t hesitate to take them. Definitely recommended.

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed 1 November 2018

I really wanted to rate Nana's higher - they at least are making an effort to accommodate those who need gluten free like I do in a non-metropolitan setting. The menu looks great, reviews were good, and the GF selection is corned beef and cabbage, so how can you go wrong? I think the intent was there to give us a good experience but they had a bit of a kitchen fail. Whereas my wife's corned beef and cabbage was warm, and her meat was fork tender, my cabbage was barely warm and the slice of beef was cold - as if it had recently been taken out of a refrigerator. It was also tough and more like what you would slice thin for sandwiches. When I asked the server (manager?) if the dish was typically served cold she immediately returned it to the kitchen, reappearing shortly saying it should be "piping hot' now.. It was not. In fact it appeared to be the same tough piece turned upside down and was barely warm. The new piece of cabbage that accompanied the second try was also very tough. The server did voluntarily remove the cost of my meal from the bill and my wife shared a portion of her wonderful beef so I did not go hungry. It was a disappointing showing for what I am sure is a good restaurant.

Reviewed 16 October 2018

Both the curry pie and the shepherd's pie were very tasty and quite filling. We look forward to returning in the future with our kids.

Reviewed 12 October 2018 via mobile

A bit o the Irish in Middletown, Virginia. The shepherds pie made here is different than any other Irish place we have been to; instead of a mashed potato topping, the top was a “half mashed” topping-quite unique. The stew part of the pie was very delicious! The restaurant is in a old building with a lot of charm; brick walls, wooden floors and several Irish decor items

1  Thank chris k