Memento, Mori, and Co. Murder Mystery Dinner Theater at Massanutten Resort
Reviewed 9 August 2017

Our family of 4 arrived at the conference center early and encountered a long check in line. By the time we got to the front, we were pleasantly greeted and assigned a table. We were seated with another family of 4 people with children of similar age to ours. We were glad for the nice company and conversation.
The actors of this dinner show are excellent, they do a great job of engaging the guests and entertaining us as well. We enjoyed their talent.
The dinner was just ok, served buffet style. Just one very hard working waitress was changing the empty chafing dishes while the line got longer. Though I understand that serving a big crowd is a challenge, perhaps the choice of food could be improved. Chicken parm was actually the chicken tenders with sauce over a tiny bit of pasta, it was a little dry. There was also sliced pork with rice, crab legs and a carving table with beef. There was a table with mac and cheese and chicken tenders that our server informed us was "for the kids". The busy wait staff tried to keep up with dish removal and drink refills but I got the feeling that they were short handed.
You are only allowed to submit your theory of the murder on one form per table, so it helps if you are talking to the other parties seated with you if they are strangers ;)
We are glad we had a fun experience at our table, something different from using cell phones!!

All reviews
in 3 reviews
"play"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed 30 July 2017

We were a party of 6, and arrived at 6 on the dot for the 6:30 show. The line was already forming when we arrived. We were seated at table one, which is by the door but close to the buffet. There are 8 people at each table, so we were seated with another couple. Table number 1 is the last table to be called to the buffet; the servers kept restocking the buffet so it seemed the food was very fresh. Appetizers are available immediately after being seated. The appetizers included cocktail meatballs, smoked salmon with capers and a sauce, mozzarella bites, grapes, crackers and cheese. I liked the salmon; my husband who likes everything did not care for it. The dinner buffet highlight was the crab legs. There was also a sliced pork with rice, breaded chicken parmesan (this was more like breaded chicken strips on top of rotini pasta with sauce), prime rib, mac and cheese, chicken tenders, green beans. "Assorted desserts" on our evening was a choice of chocolate cake or coconut cream pie. I had anticipated more of a selection. Our desserts were slightly frozen; it didn't bother me but I can see how it might not suit everyone, Coffee was a choice, I didn't see hot tea and asked for it, but I was told that hot tea was not available. The servers were very attentive. I typically do not care for buffets, but I found most of the food to be enjoyable. The mystery was very cute, funny, we all really enjoyed the show. I am glad we went. It was a fun family night; bearing in mind that the youngest person in our party was 17. I think that it would be a long time to sit if you have younger children. I am glad we went, but because of the price it is a once and done event for us. I would give it 5 stars, but removed one star due to the price. I also think that for the price a better dessert assortment and hot tea would be expected.

Reviewed 3 July 2017

This was a nice evening, the food was very good and the dinner say was very well done--would do this again.

Reviewed 12 May 2017 via mobile

I would give them a 5, but it was great but the price was a little on the steep side. Most of the food was delicious, especially the crab legs and prime rib.i didn't care much at all for the smoked salmon. The play was pretty good, I like the way they Incorporated the audience into it. It was good for a special occasion.

See more reviews
Reviewed 6 April 2017 via mobile

The set up was in a conference center at Massanutten. There were good hors d'oeuvres, and dinner consisted of a buffet of crab legs, prime rib carving station, chicken & rice, chicken parmesan, veggies, salad, bread and then chicken fingers for the kids. Cash/ credit bar was also available. This was topped off with delicious deserts and coffee. The murder mystery was fun! The actors also came around to our tables to allow us to ask questions to figure it out. Very fun!

Travelers who viewed Memento, Mori, and Co. Murder Mystery Dinner Theater at Massanutten Resort also viewed

Been to Memento, Mori, and Co. Murder Mystery Dinner Theater at Massanutten Resort? Share your experiences!