“So so wines (my opinion)”

Prince Michel Winery & Tap 29 Brewery
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Leon
Price range: US$5 - US$40
Cuisines: American
Description: One of Virginia's oldest and largest wineries in the state. Newly added brewery serving craft brews with Pub style food served from the taproom 7 days a week. Live music Friday-Sunday, with Trivia on Mondays. THIS is the local hot spot, every day of the week. Home to Prince Michel dry & Rapidan River sweet wines. Known throughout the state for our famous wine slushies. For more information on public and private events, custom wine labels, calendar and more, please visit our website.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We stopped in and tried a flight of Chardonnay and reds. I have to say, I really didn’t think they tasted all that great. Not to say they are not good, just not to me. We asked the woman pouring some specific questions about the different wines, but she couldn’t answer. Nice seating outside and they also have a tap house (which we did not try).

Date of visit: April 2021
Write a reviewReviews (99)

Reviewed 20 September 2020 via mobile

We had a great visit to Prince Michel. My husband enjoyed the brewery side, while I the wine. I appreciated the wine flights that you could bring back to your seat. A similar fashion to the beer flights. If they weren’t doing this pre-Covid, something to consider keeping. I love doing tastings, but often, I’d rather take mine back to my seat and enjoy in leisure rather then staying at the tasting bar. We had a great time, good music too!

Date of visit: September 2020
3  Thank 409ashleyy
caitlinp781, Marketing at Prince Michel Winery & Tap 29 Brewery, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2020

We are so glad you enjoyed your trip! And we will definitely continue doing the flights!

Reviewed 9 September 2020 via mobile

Courteous employee meets us with an umbrella, escorts us inside, explains Tap29 and the wine tasting. We had a cold beer and cider and than shopped the gift store and wines. Mmmm coffee wine tasted like coffee ice cream! We enjoyed our stop

Date of visit: September 2020
caitlinp781, Marketing at Prince Michel Winery & Tap 29 Brewery, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2020

So glad you enjoyed your stay and thank so much for the kind words! I'll be sure to pass this along to the staff. We hope you come back soon when the sun it out and you can make a day of it! :) And I know...that coffee wine is a special hidden gem!

Reviewed 8 August 2020

Friendly staff! Enjoyed the glass of wine. Really neat country store. Did not have any scenery and was next to a busy highway.

Date of visit: August 2020
caitlinp781, Marketing at Prince Michel Winery & Tap 29 Brewery, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2020

Glad you enjoyed your visit! We hope you come back to see us soon!

Reviewed 13 July 2020

I Payed Almost No Attention To The Venue.

(True Story)

In the midst of a dark pandemic, I met my new friend on our first date here. We started our get to know you conversation in the foyer of the building and eventually meandered over to the bar, ordered up some wine slushies, and moved ourselves to the outdoor seating area. Kudos to the staff on hand, who were kind and courteous and accommodating, allowing us to chat for hours on a Monday early evening, fresh air, sunshine, and enough of a breeze to go with our wine treat. The people we met were outstanding, unobtrusive, making us feel welcome as their guests. We’ll be back, perhaps, musing that this is where “it” all began - wish us luck!

Date of visit: July 2020

Thank you so much for sharing and we hope we can be your destination for many more date nights :)