“Awesome day Cobia fishing”

Captain Hogg's Charter Service
Reviewed 21 August 2015 via mobile

We had the best time with Captain Hogg, Brett, and Trent on Thursday! We caught beautiful Cobia! Brett and Trent worked so hard, and made our trip memorable! Chandler never disappoints! He knows where the fish are, that's for sure! My family has been out with him numerous times, and have always been successful! We can't wait for our next adventure with them! If you want to bring back some good eatin, go with the best!

All reviews
"knowledge"
"fun"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 3 August 2015 via mobile

Forget the rest, the Smoking Gun is the BEST!! We had an awesome time fishing with Captain Hogg. He knows his stuff and is quite the character. 1st mate Brett was super attentive, ensuring that we didn't have to think about anything but hooking fish and reeling them in. Great day, great crew and great memories. We will definitely be back!! Thanks for an awesome experience!!!

Reviewed 2 August 2015

The Smoking Gun and it's Captain are a great way to get out on the water! Deckmate, Brett, is great with kids and adults (and adult kids)! They kept everyone entertained and the fishing was great. We pulled in about 30 Spade Fish in one 8 hour session. Not much luck with anything else, but others in our party who had been on a previous trip said they pulled many Blue Fish, Rock Fish and others. I highly recommend this charter. Well worth the cost and as long as its safe, you're free to do as you please.

Reviewed 1 July 2015

New to the area & you want to experience the fun of ocean fishing, look no further Captain Hogg will save the day! These folks really know how to make you feel welcome. Anyone that wants to experience the art of Atlantic fishing in a fun and friendly environment, Contact Captain Hogg's Charter Service! You will catch some big ones!

See more reviews
Reviewed 23 April 2015

My son Miles (16) and I were in the area for Spring Break and wanted to try a Charter. We found Captain Hogg and fingers crossed arrived promptly at 7am. A little overcast but still a fabulous morning for fishing out on the majestic Chesapeake Bay.

What a treat! Captain Hogg & his first mate make you feel both like royalty & family. The boat is powerful, comfortable, and ideal for fishing 360. Every possible fishing need we had was met with knowledge, equipment, and preparation. My son and I are hardly expert fisherman - but they provided us with direction and tips, and encouraged every bait we dropped to deliver. And guess what? Ultimately the fish found the nets! We caught a bunch over the limit, and a few we returned for future anglers'.

I always remember to tell myself (and remind my son) it's called fishing, not catching. So much is luck. But after this trip with the experienced Captain Hogg, I concluded the expertise provided by his team had a heck of a lot to do with our success. I absolutely recommend this Charter experience to those who fish professionally, and especially for those who are more like my son and I. It's an unforgettable experience - and I would rate it "5 stars". For anyone looking for a special day fishing the Chesapeake Bay, reserve a spot with Captain Hogg.

1  Thank Patrick C