Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
PalmettoRambler
Loris, South Carolina

Nice, relaxing and convenient

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Jun 22, 2016
Had a nice site next to a babbling brook (creek). Met some nice, friendly folks both at the registration desk and fellow rv'ers. Even met a couple from my own hometown area.
There are spacious grounds for children and adults to play, an appealing pool and a fun-looking water park for smaller fry.
Sites are adequately sized for big rigs or those towing. Quiet at night.
The location is very convenient for visiting Charlottesville, Monticello, Montpelier, Skyline Drive, BRP, Staunton and many other places.
Would give a 5 star, but the store prices are out of line. I expect to pay more for proprietary places, but needed some aluminum foil. $5 for a non-name brand and a small roll to boot? Gouging!!!
That said, I'd be willing to go back, and pack better next time. lol
Date of stay: June 2016
    ₱17,836
  • Vio.com
16.8 km from Misty Mountain Camp Resort
View more hotels in Greenwood
All reviews nice campground tent sites full hookups big rig bath house great camping rv trip fire pit trick or treating rv park corn hole skyline drive blue mountain brewery water pressure close proximity breweries campers
Selected filters
Reviewed June 10, 2016

We stayed here over the Memorial Day weekend in our 25' travel trailer. We were escorted to our site...(48) in the upper portion of the campground. It was water, electric and cable. (No sewer) However, for just four days it suited us well, we just hit the dump station on the way out....

The escort was very knowledgeable was able to guide me as I backed up. Due to the angle, tightness of the area and road, four wheel drive was needed. I could have repositioned and made it with 2 wheels, but that's why I bought a 4X4 in the first place. (It was very hard for me to give up total control and trust someone else to direct my every turn, but he did a great job and knew exactly what he was doing.)

Although it was present, we weren't able to connect to WIFI at all. The gentleman at check in advised us it may be slow with the amount of people in the campground, but it didn't work at all for us and even at checkout when the place was basically a ghost town. I just turned my IPhone's hotspot on and used it when I needed to connect. The cable at our site worked very well our entire visit.

As others have mentioned, many of the sites aren't level but with two Camco blocks it wasn't hard to get it level. Because it was such a small site, we could only open the awning about 5' because of a tree. I could have opted to pull the trailer up about 6' but then the front would have been right on the road and the space behind would have been wasted. There was a large space between our site and site 49, so I parked the truck there (along with the guys truck from 49) and it gave us some breathing room.

In my opinion, the upper sites are definitely the better choice. More trees and the mountain feel. All of the sites have pros and cons but this is a very nice park overall. There were plenty of activities and the grounds and facilities are well maintained. The staff is knowledgeable and friendly. The lower sites appear very nice but are close to each other. I didn't see inside any of the cabins so I can't comment.

The surrounding area is beautiful and there is plenty to do. If you like Breweries and Winery's, Misty Mountain Camp Resort is a great place to use as a "home base". There are some great places to eat in the area and I recommend the brewery restaurants. They have great food with a local flare...

I would have rated this five stars had the upper sites been a little more user friendly. I definitely recommend Misty Mountain to others, we will be glad to go back in the future.

Room tip: Recommend upper sites but research them first.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 3, 2016

Been trying to book this heavily sought out campground during the busy season for the last two years. Finally got in before peak season. I found the staff and campground with all it's amenities were excellent. We enjoyed the hiking, wading in the stream, playing corn hole, meeting new people, and going on excursions. I fully recommend this campground as it also has many new upgrades from previous years.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed May 27, 2016 via mobile

We have a 40 ft 5th wheel with full hookups including cable. Satellite dishes are not allowed. You don't need it anyway with the cable.
This is a very well maintained campground. It has a great stream flowing through it. I saw a couple mallard ducks and a muskrat that you don't usually see. It turns out that mallards are pretty tame as they showed up at our patio looking for a snack. There are lots of activities. It has paved streets with gravel sites, picnic tables on concrete patios and fire rings. It's only a couple miles from I-64/ route 250 and easy to find. We stayed only 1 night but would love to come back when we have more time.

Reviewed April 24, 2016 via mobile

We throughly enjoyed our visit at misty mountain! The overall cleanliness was exceptional and the bathrooms were private and clean. The tent site was set up well - reasonably sized, convenient picnic table, lantern post, fire pit, and prep table. The campground has several activities going on throughout the weekend - all kid friendly! Great location, as well.

Date of stay: April 2016
1  Thank the_Goins
Reviewed April 11, 2016

This was my families first experience at this campground. The check in staff was very friendly and nice to everyone. Our sites were very nice and spacious. My children loved the jump pillow, playground & arcade. Even the new puppy enjoyed the nice dog park which was enclosed to play in. The TV channels had a nice selection to choose from and the Wi Fi was good as well. Everyone was very nice and respectful when it came to picking up after there pets. Special Thanks to the maintenance staff for loaning us a drill to fix a problem we had with our hit/sway bars. Only issue of the weekend we had was the wind but that was in mother natures hands. We will return there for more camping fun.

Date of stay: April 2016