“Our favorite local spot!”

Ben's Family Cuisines
Ranked #1 of 103 Restaurants in Front Royal
Reviewed 14 February 2019 via mobile

For whatever reason I've never reviewed this restaurant, even though it's been our favorite date night spot for awhile now. It is by far the best place in Front Royal for Asian food. The restaurant is in a small, nondescript building in a residential area in town, but I think that adds to its charm. It's like a secret hideaway.

My most favorite meal is definitely the crispy duck. I've gotten that the last 3 visits in a row. It will knock your socks off, it's so good! My husband orders a lot of different things... he's not stuck on one item like me. He always enjoys his meals, which also usually include wonton soup. This past week, he ordered beef lo mein. The server asked what degree of spice he'd like and he went with 4 out of 5. Ha. He'll never do that again. Make sure you know your spice tolerance before ordering.

I do wish they'd leave their TVs on Asian-themed programming. I've noticed at midweek lunch, the tv seems more apt to be showing Thai themes, but at dinner it's usually set to news or other American programming. Not a huge deal, but I'm not a fan of television while I'm having a meal.

Date of visit: February 2019

Reviewed 2 December 2018 via mobile

Ben’s never disappoints! Whether for lunch or dinner, the portions are great, the service is friendly and the restaurant is clean. My family and I come to Ben’s at least once a month.

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed 28 October 2018 via mobile

We were near Front Royal for a wedding and decided to try Ben’s after reading trip advisor. What a great choice. We thought we were lost as it is off the Main Street area, but found the place and parking with no problem. We were early in the evening so they were not busy but our waiter and one other couple provided recommendations on the food, which was awesome. Light tempura on the veggies and my husbands bulgogi was spicy but not too hot. We had sweet sticky rice with fresh mango for dessert. Very reasonable prices and they served local beers.

Reviewed 18 October 2018

We stop here every time we come to Front Royal for the best food! Everything that we've tried has been excellent, finest quality, right on taste wise, prepared to order, served as soon as the food has been prepared to your preferences. The crab rangoons were excellent, crisp, not greasy, hot out of the fryer. This trip, I tried the Ben's pancake. It was similar to the Vietnamese Bahn Xeo but the crepe part is a little denser, not as brittle. It filled a platter, was filled with a smoky flavored chicken, sprouts, cucumber slices, mint, and Belgium endive off to the side. The secret sauce was tangy, tart, but is absolutely needed to bring out the best of the dish. My other half got the crispy chicken, a huge portion with a sauce, rice to the side, tender, moist pieces, and more than enough to take some with us. Service is always friendly as the owner comes out to check on you, find out if everything is OK, do you need anything. We did get bulgogi to go as they can travel home well with us. So if in Front Royal or driving on 66, take time to go to this small, family owned business that truly cares about your food being excellent and that you have a great dining experience right down to the fresh red roses on each table. We can't wait until we can return.

Reviewed 18 October 2018 via mobile

A little out of the way and not where you would expect a restaurant to be located... but you must go to Ben’s! I have been several times and always enjoyed my experience. Hope, the owner, cooks as if she were cooking for her own family. Hope always has an inviting smile and treated my family and friends very well. She is proud of her place and as she should be! Each visit I’ve noticed real, fresh flowers on all the tables. My mother in-law stated that she had the best wonton soup of her life here. Anything my husband and I have ordered left us full and very satisfied. Can’t wait to see you soon, Ben Family!
~Kaitlyn