“Servers need notepads to write orders down”
Review of Joe's Steakhouse

Joe's Steakhouse
Ranked #5 of 103 Restaurants in Front Royal
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 29 January 2019 via mobile

My husband and I just left Joe's. We were the only ones in the dining room. I ordered filet, medium rare and he ordered rib eye, medium. I got a medium rare rib eye and he got a medium New York strip. We told our waitress and she offered to return them to the kitchen, but I refused since I didn't want to wait another 20 minutes to get my steak. If she had had a notepad she could have written the order down and we would have gotten the correct steak. Also we were not offered a discount or anything for her mistake. Joe's used to be a great place to eat, but it has gone downhill in the last couple of years.

2  Thank vatarheel216

Reviewed 22 January 2019

Joe's is a local steakhouse in the site of the famous La Dean's Steakhouse a very good old steakhouse famous in the Northern Valley. The house salad is awesome and the steaks real good. All local beef cut from the local Farmers. I especially like Friday afternoons for Happy Hour. You can enjoy an ice cold beer with a respectful and congenial crowd. I raise Angus Beef so I know good meat and Joe's got it!!

Reviewed 19 January 2019 via mobile

The best meal we have had lately.

We were seated in there very nice round dining room with lots of windows. The room was nicely decorated with red plate chargers and a black table cloth with table candels. There was a Christmas tree and a large fireplace but no fire. That would have put this experience over the top.

We had side salads with the best b.c ranch dressing, and warm tortilla chips instead of bread.

We ordered NY strip steaks and they came out rightafter we finished the salad. Perfect timing. I ordered mine med well and it was far too red, so i enjoyed the sauted vegatables and the loaded mashed potatoes till it returned. Perfect. My husband had a great steak and a baked potato. The steak had a thin rind of hard fat but the flavor was excellent and I told the waiter to tell the chef how we enjoyed everything.

We were there for the buy one get one half off the second entree. It was a deal! We would have been pleased at full price, but the extra value tonight makes us want to come back.

Reviewed 17 January 2019

I was attending a large social function that included finger food. Later, some of the group stayed for dinner. I had salad with shrimp/strawberries and a delicious baked potato. Server was very attentive even though they were very busy. We did not feel rushed and enjoyed a relaxing evening.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 30 December 2018 via mobile

My wife and I stopped in for a late lunch and found only 2 other cars in the parking lot. Found one other couple inside the dining area so we decided to dine here.
The service was good and the food was incredibly good. Our appetizers of Mushroom Caps was delivered hot and in a timely manner. My wife enjoyed her salad with "house raspberry" dressing and I devoured the fresh hot bread. Our main dish was a Ribeye cooked just as we ordered and served hot and juicy. Our sides were very good as well.
So glad Joe's of Front Royal is still open!

Date of visit: December 2018

Been to Joe's Steakhouse? Share your experiences!