“Great Local Pizza Joint”
Review of Melting Pot Pizza

Melting Pot Pizza
Ranked #10 of 103 Restaurants in Front Royal
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Takeout
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed 6 February 2019

A friend recommended this as a good place to eat while we were passing through Front Royal. Definitely a local vibe that's popular with the locals. Staff was super friendly and walked us through the menu as it was our first time. There's one style of pizza -- thin, crispy, and cut into squares. There are a few standard combos or you can build your own. We had a pepperoni and italian sausage and it was delicious. We also got the bacon cheese fries for an appetizer on he recommendation of our server and they were good also. Several beers on draft including Bold Rock Cider which I prefer to most beer. Know that this is a cash/check only establishment. They don't accept any credit cards. We'll definitely be back when we're in the area again.

Date of visit: January 2019

Reviewed 29 December 2018

Had dinner here our 2nd night in front royal and the food and customer service was great . The price was a little high but it was well worth what we paid.

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed 14 December 2018 via mobile

I do not understand how this place receives high-rated reviews. I will not visit again. The service was ok. The prices too high for the quality of pizza served. For a good comparison, we ordered what we always order--a pizza with everything (All the Way pizza). I was expecting to receive all fresh vegetables on the pizza, considering this is a non-fastfood restaurant, known for its pizza. However, it overflowed with canned mushrooms. Aside from that,it also had too many onions and not enough sauce and cheese. I will leave my review with one good note. Although, my preference is a thicker, hand-tossed pizza crust, the thin crust was good, surprisingly not soggy from the heaping amount of toppings.

Overall, the pizza had little flavor (other than onions). I would rather have a frozen pizza from the grocery store. If you are visiting from out of town, there are much better pizza places in the area.

1  Thank Jennifer B
Reviewed 24 November 2018 via mobile

Ive been here a few times since i have friends and family in the area. The first time it was awful. It was awful the 2nd and 3rd time too. The pizza tastes like cardboard and they only take cash or checks, which is not the standard in the town. I think it might be ranked so high because its near the national park. Perhaps people eat there after several days of camping in which case their bodies might fool them into thinking that any restaurant food was amazing...

1  Thank bfin88
Reviewed 13 November 2018

I grew up in the area and was always told this was the best pizza by friends who practically live there on weekends. Our favorite pizza in the area is Oak Stone in Winchester and Roma's in Stephens city so there was a pretty tall yard stick to measure up to. First, the atmosphere is quaint and very family oriented for a night out with the family. It pretty much stopped there as the wait for 25 minutes was a bit much even though we ordered it with our drinks, thinking it'd be out quicker. And while this was on a Friday evening, it was before the dinner rush and it didn't appear to be too busy. The pizza arrived and it looked great but it lacked any flavor. The sauce was bland and even with it loaded with veggies and meat, it was adjacent to eating the box the left overs were later packed in. Teens are pretty easy to please, especially with pizza but our son only could stomach a few pieces before deciding he'd had enough, my wife and I followed suit soon after.

Not sure how this was voted the #1 pizza in Virginia but maybe it was the atmosphere more over than the actual pizza itself.

Date of visit: November 2018

Been to Melting Pot Pizza? Share your experiences!