“There is more than just sushi”
Review of Haru Sushi

Haru Sushi
Ranked #45 of 560 Restaurants in Chesapeake
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Reviewed January 30, 2018

As far the numerous sushi restaurants in the area, Hanaki is the best. Personally, I can tolerate sushi on a limited basis and I’m very selective to the types offered.

Hanaki does offer other items to include hot meals. On my last visit, I had their Pork Cutlet dinner, which came with Rice and Miso Soup. On another occasion, I had Teriyaki. Everything here is good.

Of the several times I been here, there has always been several people picking up take-out orders. The more the business, the more quickly the turnover of fresh ingredients. This is where your go for fresh sushi.

Reviewed September 30, 2017

...they owe you s good referral in return. My family found this under the name cited here. It’s now call hanaki. Kept the same sushi makers for years. Never disappoints. Previous reviews cite poor service. Never had that...one needs to take into account the culture of the differences. They don’t take reservations but they are polite to admit if you call ahead they are crowded. I recommend going at four in the afternoon when they open their doors. We used to go every Friday but now only return when the kids are at home from medical school which is every few months. Like Yogi Berra used to say “no one goes there anymore. It’s too crowded!“

Reviewed January 25, 2017 via mobile

I was pleasantly surprised by this very small Sushi establishment. The portions are massive and the food quality and presentation are both very good. The staff is very friendly and I would like to come back

Reviewed January 2, 2017 via mobile

Great gem in Great Bridge! Never been disappointed. Food always fresh and well presented. Get the Boat for special occasions.

Reviewed December 18, 2016 via mobile

I've been to all the sushi places in the area and this one has always been the best! We've been going since before they changed their name so maybe 6 years? Treasury, superstar and lava and amazing!!!! But everything is great. The service is always friendly too.

Been to Haru Sushi? Share your experiences!