Hyatt Place Chesapeake/Greenbrier
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
aloft Chesapeake(Chesapeake)
View Hotel
All reviewsvirginia beachsitting areafree breakfastroom layoutgas stationrestaurants and shoppinghotel is in a great locationrooms are nicechesapeake greenbrierking roomindoor poolhot breakfastthe outer bankswould stay here againoatmealstaff was very friendlybusiness trip
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Outstanding hotel in the heart of Greenbrier with access to everything. I’ve made it a habit to always stay at this location when I visit the Chesapeake area. Amenities, staff, comfort are well above standard.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
Rob M, General Manager at Hyatt Place Chesapeake/Greenbrier, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear aceuvclubs,

Thank-you so much for review of the Hyatt Place Chesapeake on Trip Advisor. We are honored that we are your favorite hotel in Virginia. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip!

Reviewed March 18, 2018

We visit this area a few times a year to visit our son’s family. We’ve rotated around the other hotels like this. I can confidently say this it the best. It’s up-to-date, clean and the staff is great. The room layout seems larger than the typical single bed hotel room. The breakfast was quite good with several choices for protein and fruit.

The single complaint I have is with some of the guests in the breakfast room. There were several who looked like they just got out of bed. Barefoot, still in pajamas, slept-in t-shirts. Examples today: the older man in boxers (with fresh pee stains) and bed hair, the yawning, unshod couple in pjs, and the sleepy gentleman with horrible morning breath who hadn’t showered yet. The eating area is small, so the inevitable intimacy requires decorum and hygiene.

Perhaps the hotel could post a policy about proper attire and steer fragrant, unclothed guests back to their rooms.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple

Dear John W,

Thank-you so much for your review of the Hyatt Place Chesapeake on Trip Advisor. We really appreciate the kind words especially since you have tried some of the competition. I understand your comments about the lack of decorum from other guests at breakfast. Typically most weekdays are business guests and it's not an issue. The weekends are mostly leisure travelers and you get a mixed bag of what guests feel is acceptable. It is definitely something that we will consider. Thank-you again for your review and look forward to seeing you again when you visit your son.

Reviewed March 5, 2018

Wife and I did a weekend trip with this hotel as our first night and a comparable room at a Choice Hotel brand in Williamsburg as our second night. So comparisons are inevitable. We have stayed at Hyatt Place hotels before and chose this hotel because we knew what we would be getting in room accommodations and thus were quite pleased with the hotel and room. The location of this hotel is very good and it is near Greenbrier Mall is a real plus for shopping choices.
The negative feature of this hotel is the EXTREMELY limited space for breakfast. One reviewer accurately described the need to eat at tables placed in the lobby. The only space available in the very crowded area at 9:15 was to eat at the coffee/beverage bar adjacent to check in counter in the lobby. That entailed sitting on high stools that my wife had trouble getting on/off. Although this hotel made a big deal advertising specialty breakfasts in bowls, the only things we saw was the typical scrambled eggs and bacon and pancakes made in the kitchen. Pastries were very limited to small and dry donuts and a few types of bread and bagels!! A fruit bowl and juices were available and good but not fresh fruit or yogurt the morning we were there.
In comparison with our stay the next day of this trip, the breakfast at the Hyatt and the space available was a solid 2 or 3 stars while the room and hotel are solid 5 stars.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
Rob M, General Manager at Hyatt Place Chesapeake/Greenbrier, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2018

Dear OBXRon,

Thank-you for providing feedback on your recent visit to the Hyatt Place Chesapeake. We are glad that you enjoyed your room and your stay. Breakfast can be very busy especially on the weekends when we have more families staying in the hotel. Unfortunately the weather has been chilly so the outside seating has not been available. The themed breakfast bowls are more in use on the weekdays when we have business travelers in house to provide some variety outside the norm. The weekends have similar offerings each day however we rotate items like bacon/sausage and pancakes/waffles. Thank-you for your review and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Chesapeake.

Reviewed February 18, 2018

There are mostly good things about the hotel but some things just can not be overlooked when going to a hotel. I loved the rooms that our family had, they were clean and looked very nice. I did enjoy that part of the stay. The area where the hotel is located in a great spot because to do some shopping or eating you do not even have to drive your car, you can just walk. However, when I go to a hotel I like to know that there is a certain amount of professionalism and when we checked in, the guy was absolutely great. He answered all of our questions and was very nice. The two young ladies that were at the desk in the afternoon or evening however you look at it, were very unprofessional. Maybe it's me but eating at the front desk and being unprofessional in nature was something I cannot look past. It does not make the hotel look nice and it can be very irritated especially when asking questions and the only answer you get back is I don't know, not even let me check on that for you and I'll get back to you and then continue to eat at the front desk. Another issue was the breakfast area. There is not enough space and having to eat by the front door with the door continuing to open especially when it's cold outside is so irritating. It's like eating your food in the lobby and not in an eating area. Please get down there early or you will have to take your food back to your room because there is not enough room. Please don't get me wrong the hotel is nice but some things just bother me when going to a hotel. Sorry, but I had to be honest.

Stayed: January 2018
2  Thank pc010297
Rob M, General Manager at Hyatt Place Chesapeake/Greenbrier, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2018

Dear pc010297,

Thank-you so much for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent visit. I apologize that the desk staff was eating. They are definitely not supposed to be doing that while working the desk. We will address your feedback with the team to make sure this is understood. The breakfast room is a bit small especially when it's cold outside and we cannot utilize the outdoor seating. The design was originally for business travelers who generally eat light and are on the go. When we have mostly families or youth sports teams the breakfast room can fill up quickly. I'm glad that you enjoyed the room and the hotel overall. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed February 3, 2018

A fabulous King Size room, with nice sofa, tv, bathroom and small kitchen area. Felt more like a living room and bedroom rather than just a normal hotel room. Spotless, friendly staff in a well kept and modern hotel.

Room Tip: Great price for the King Size room. Well pleased.
  • Stayed: February 2018, traveled as a couple

Dear morkstilgoe,

Thank-you so much for your review of the Hyatt Place Chesapeake on Trip Advisor. We appreciate the kind words about the staff and the hotel. Thank-you again and we look forward to seeing you in the future.