“Scrumptious!”
Review of Paradox Pastry

Paradox Pastry
Ranked #4 of 13 Bakeries in Charlottesville
Description: Great pastries in the morning, fabulous cakes & pies in the evening and salads/sandwiches/soups in between. Lots of space to sit & converse. Open late in the evenings on the weekends. Convenient to the pedestrian mall.
Reviewed 4 April 2018

My family and I recently stopped by, and are we glad we did! This place is friendly and welcoming, with a great vibe. The baked goods on offer looked delectable. We chose two hearty breakfast muffins and a lemon/blueberry turnover -- they were fresh, absolutely delicious and reasonably priced. We will return.

Reviewed 9 October 2017

I drive past this place almost every day, but only visited recently when interviewing a young woman for a possible educational grant. She suggested it and I was happy for the excuse.

Nice atmosphere and a big array of very enticing pastries. Not especially my favorite, so vegan me was very pleased with the vegan muffin loaded with berries.

Will return one of these days....

Reviewed 31 May 2017 via mobile

Such an inviting and fun atmosphere. The staff was all smiles and super helpful. The pastries and coffee selection was fresh and vast. Would highly recommend.

Reviewed 29 May 2017

This marvelous place has become a regular stop for me. Jenny weaves her magic in pastry and produces wonderful croissants and many other breakfast goodies.

There is nothing remotely French about the atmosphere, but if you can live with that, it's great.
The staff are very friendly, approachable and conversational as well. It's a pleasure to visit.

Reviewed 6 March 2017

We went here for a wedding cake tasting. We loved everything. The cakes were so good, all different icings. We even tested gluten free option. We also tried several pies . We did not find one that we did not like. Highly recommend the pecan pie because it was cooked to perfection, not dried out. The best cake (maybe not for a wedding but ...) was the carrot cake because I was able to eat it since it did not have nuts!! I was so happy I bought an 8 inch one to take home. The day we were there they were photographing there desserts for their brochure and every one of them looked so delicious. A must go to ...