Open today: 11:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Review Highlights
Great Selection of Yarn!

My mom loves to knit and was thrilled when I told her I would be visiting Shelburne, VT. She... read more

Reviewed 27 November 2018
annefalen235
Rochester, New York
via mobile
Great selection of VT yarns

Reviewed 19 August 2017
EmVeee
Houston, Texas

All reviews knitting needles kelly indie project store vt
Reviewed 19 August 2017

Visited while on a trip. The location recently moved so check the address before you go. I was very happy with the local yarns and bought several.

Date of experience: August 2017
Reviewed 28 November 2016 via mobile

Even the building and the rooms within are like art...clean, calm, beautiful... everything laid out well. It just feels good to be in there. And anyone working there... is so knowledgeable and helpful... they even walked me through my first lesson on "how to"! But they also have a specious comfortable room that they teach classes and have weekly get togethers for knitters-all experience levels are welcome! It all has the class and sophistication of a top of the line small elite center...and yet none of the snobbery. All are welcomed! And warmth and laughter are as much part of the atmosphere as are the shelves of many colored yarn, and displays of every variety of knitting needles. Perfect for the experienced knitter needing supplies, and the curious first timer wondering if this may be something for them.

Date of experience: January 2016
1  Thank Mollypw
Reviewed 31 October 2016

I was visiting Shelburne, Vermont and happened to notice the store on the side of the road. The name of the store made me want to stop in! Very cozy location, Kelly was very welcoming helpful, she offered to print out the pattern for me and recommended a yarn I could use and figured out how much I needed for this pattern. Since I was travelling I only bought enough yarn to get me started, she then informed me that I can purchase more on their website. I considered just buying from what ever first popped up when I googled that specific yarn, but then realized what a great place Must Love Yarn was and how helpful Kelly was to me. So I went to their website to order the rest of my yarn. Unfortunately they did not have enough yarn in stock, so I emailed the company to make an inquiry. Kelly responded with the hour, letting me know they only had a few skeins in stock. With in a few days, she then sent me another email letting me know the yarn I needed was back in stock. Greatest unexpected stop I ever made, only wish I lived closer!

Date of experience: August 2016
Reviewed 9 October 2016 via mobile

The women at Must Love Yarn are incredibly friendly and very helpful. They have a wonderful selection of great quality Yarn from local to more broadly available and even some indie-dyers. Kelly was able to help me pick out the right needles for my new project. Definitely a must visit for any level of knitter!

Date of experience: October 2016
1  Thank 802kateq
Reviewed 5 December 2015

The store has a nice selection of yarns and the owner has stocked unique yarns from local companies. I found wool yarn from VT as well as many of the classic yarn brands (Classic Elite, Debbie Bliss) along with some great hand dyed skeins. Definitely worth a visit if you are a yarn-aholic or just want to explore Vermont regional wool.

They have a nice couch for the bored other person you may have dragged along and coffee to sip while they wait. A plus in my book because I can shop longer.

Also note that the store works with Ravelry to supply patterns and will print a pattern purchased on Ravelry for you. They will also recommend patterns on Ravelry that work with the yarns they carry.

Date of experience: December 2015