Although we usually spend Christmas in Delaware with our families, my husband and I decided to go away this year and spend the week in a one bedroom cabin at Sterling Ridge. It turned out to be one of the best decisions we ever made! Although we traveled many other places this year, we both agreed this was our favorite vacation. Sterling Ridge was the quintessential setting in which to relax and unwind at the end of the year.
We arrived around 3:30pm on Saturday, Christmas Eve, to check-in to our cabin. We were greeted and given information about the property and the area, handed our key, and off we went. We stayed in a one bedroom cabin at the back of the property which was divine. All of the cabins are arranged such that the front porches face away from each other, which maximizes privacy and gives everyone a great view.
I can't say enough and the cabin and the property's amenities. Since we were staying an entire week, having a full kitchen at our disposal was immensely helpful. This included a full-size refrigerator, oven with stove top, and dishwasher. The kitchen had a basic set of pots and pans, knives, utensils, silverware, plates, bowls, cups, glasses, measuring cups, and pot holders. Essentially it had everything you should need to cook. I did a lot of cooking and key items I bought with me were a roasting pan (I made a whole chicken), Pam, cling wrap, foil, and tupperware for leftovers. Other than that - the cabin had everything! We really enjoyed the spacious one bedroom cabin which had a large bedroom (which even had a TV in it) and a living room with another TV and DVD player, couch, coffee table, and wood burning fireplace. There was wifi and cable TV, which was great for watching football!
On the property, you are able to buy firewood and kindling for $5 a bundle, although they do start you off with a bundle of each in the cabin. The doors to the self-serve area are open 24/7 which was very convenient to pop in for more toilet paper, towels, trash bags, etc. if needed. While the cabin was amply stocked, we did run out of some items since we were there a full week. There are also wonderful trails around the property. We walked in the snow twice during the week, no show shoes needed.
We ventured into Stowe a few times which was just 40 minutes away, even with 108 being closed in the winter. All of the roads around the cabin were very well maintained, so driving was fine, even in snowy conditions. We absolutely cannot say enough about the cabin. We're already planning to try and come back soon. Thank you for a wonderful stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sterling Ridge Resort is located on a scenic back road with stunning vistas of Mt. Mansfield, Vermont's highest peak, and Smugglers Notch, a mountain road pass connecting Jeffersonville to Stowe village. Our log cabin lodging is a romantic getaway for honeymooners and the perfect setting for family vacations and reunions. Sterling Ridge's rental cabins, nestled in the woods, have woodstoves, jacuzzis, and full kitchens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Expedia so you can book your Sterling Ridge Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sterling Ridge Inn & Log Cabins Hotel Jeffersonville
- Sterling Ridge Inn And Log Cabins