Sterling Ridge Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Deer Run Motor Inn(Jeffersonville)
Smugglers' Notch Resort(Jeffersonville)
  • Pool
  • Pool
Edson Hill(Stowe)
View Hotel
All reviewswood stovestudio cabinsmugglers notchfull kitchenwalking trailsgolden retrieverrow boatour honeymoonpots and panslocal coffeejacuzzi tubpancake mixadirondack chairsdog friendly cabincomforts of homeliving roompeace and quiet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 19, 2016 via mobile

My partner and I came here for an anniversary weekend and had amazing time. The staff were very nice, the grounds were beautiful and the cabin was clean and modern. This exceeded our expectations. We hiked some of the trails, had an outdoor fire and visited the game room. We will definitely be back!

Stayed: March 2016, traveled as a couple
sterlingridge, Manager at Sterling Ridge Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2016

So happy you had a wonderful anniversary weekend. We hope that you will come back and visit us again!

Jessica

Reviewed March 1, 2016

This was a great place for a cosy getaway for two. We stayed in one of the 1 bedroom cabins, which was very well-appointed and more than enough room for two. There were even two TVs! My favorite part was definitely the very large jetted tub. What a treat! And we never ran out of hot water, even though it took a lot of water to fill that thing up.

I like how the cabins are situated, too, to maximize the amount of privacy that each cabin has. We didn't check out the game room or pool, but enjoyed the walking trails that go through the woods on the property, and into some adjoining public land. There were enough trails to provide us with two different 1-hour walks while we were there. Unfortunately, no snow for snowshoeing, but the trails would have been great for that, too.

We had a gift certificate, and therefore spent more than we usually spend on a weekend getaway. My husband and I both agreed, however, that the full kitchen, and the amount of space and privacy made the cabins well worth the price, which was the weekday rate.

One note: our bed seemed rather cheaply made, and the mattress extremely soft. This would have negatively impacted my review, except we both slept really well on it. But I wanted to mention it because the bed was not what I would expect in a place like this.

Room Tip: Cabin 23 has a little brook that runs past it, and a cute outdoor BBQ area next to the brook.
  • Stayed: February 2016, traveled as a couple
sterlingridge, Manager at Sterling Ridge Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2016

Thank you for your review. Sounds like you had an enjoyable time here at Sterling Ridge! I am so sorry about the bed and mattress issue. I will pass this onto our property manager so that she is aware. We look to our guests to let us know what is right and/or wrong with our property. Feedback from our guests help make Sterling Ridge a pleasant experience for all.
Over all, it sounds like you had a relaxing, private getaway and hope that you will return again.

Jessica

Reviewed February 23, 2016

We chose Sterling Ridge for our honeymoon destination based on the fact that it looked very remote and cozy, and we loved the idea of staying in a little cabin in the woods with a fireplace. Sterling Ridge did not disappoint! It was just as cozy and charming as we were hoping, and the staff was very nice and welcoming (including Max the dog). A major disappointment was the fact that there was no snow during our honeymoon in early February, which is extremely rare in Vermont, and no fault at all of the resort. We were looking forward to utilizing the on-site winter gear (skis, snow shoes, etc.), but instead we went for long walks through the property and explored the near-by towns. All in all, I would absolutely recommend Sterling Ridge for any type of get away you are looking for!

Room Tip: We had a nice room near the pond and next to a trickling stream. It was quiet and relaxing.
Stayed: February 2016, traveled as a couple

Congratulations on your marriage! So happy that you chose Sterling Ridge to escape to and relax.
I wish we could control the weather, as we all would love to have had more of the white stuff this winter!
Please come back and visit again any time you need to get away.

Reviewed February 23, 2016 via mobile

My fiancé and I needed a getaway and this was the perfect place. We were greeted by incredibly friendly and helpful staff (and adorable Max) and instantly felt at home. Such a lovey setting and well-taken care of, luxury cabins. We had everything we needed on top of privacy and also coziness. We will absolutely be back!

Stayed: February 2016, traveled as a couple

So glad that you enjoyed your getaway. Thank you for writing!

Reviewed February 22, 2016 via mobile

We have rented condos and vacation homes and have stayed in many hotels in VT but staying at Sterling Ridge Resort was exceptional. We have a son in college in Burlington and wanted a place for a long weekend getaway for the whole family. We found all the comforts of home right near skiing, outdoor activities and fabulous restaurants. This was a perfect match for us in a beautiful area. After reading reviews here, I booked the last cabin available #17. It was immaculate with two bedrooms, a large bathroom, kitchen and living room area with wood burning stove, a large porch that faced the pond and the most comfortable beds, the word cabin just doesn't do it justice. Everyone at the resort is friendly and helpful. I am thrilled that we found this home away from home and will definitely be bringing the family again!

Stayed: February 2016, traveled with family

Glad that you and your family had a wonderful time at your "home away from home." We welcome you anytime!