Viking Motel(Wilmington)
US$82
Old Red Mill(Wilmington)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 07/22
Latchis Hotel(Brattleboro)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 07/26
US$100
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$143/night.

US$107
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$133/night.

US$69
Black Mountain Inn(Brattleboro)
US$85
US$80
US$107
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$142/night.

Motel 6 Brattleboro(Brattleboro)
US$66
US$63
All reviewstortillasmarlboromuffinstvskiing
Reviewed 16 June 2015

This was my first experience at a B&B and Pam, Mark, and Gypsy have set the bar high! Everything was great from the moment my group and I were met at the door! Pam and Mark showed us the lay of the land which included a dining area, a living room, the bedrooms, a game room, and an extensive outdoor area.

The dining area was sort of cafeteria style, on a small scale (but perfectly sized for the property), in which there was always hot water for tea and coffee available as well as some snacks. In the morning this area was converted into "Pam's Kitchen," where she provides guests with a delicious breakfast. Her menu is comprised of a few options that Pam makes to order (of which you can go wrong on none, yes, we tried them all...) and she is more than willing to amend them to meet your needs if possible.

We did not spend much time in the living area, but it had a very cozy feeling to it. There were comfortable couches and a TV as well as some board games for entertainment.

Most of our group (4 people - though you could probably fit more depending) stayed comfortably in the Halifax room. This room was extremely spacious, with three comfortable beds of various sizes and an en suite bathroom. At night you could hear the soothing sounds of the wilderness; peepers chirping, frogs croaking, and the monotonous pond fountain. We peeked into a couple of the other rooms and they were more specific to one or two people staying in them, but they still looked to be homey and spacious.

A game room is in the process of being updated and added as an attraction to this lovely property. It includes a billiards table as well as a dart board. We did not spend enough time at the property to use it, but we certainly would next time.

Now this last portion of the property I wish to review is the outdoor living area around the property. The B&B is situated on a large plot of land on which Pam and Mark are able to grow their own Christmas trees and blueberries (Pam uses these in her homemade muffins - mouth-watering) as well as provide some fun perks for their guests. First is that they have a fire pit. We really wanted to take advantage of this feature, but unfortunately were unable to. However, Pam and Mark had one set up for us in the event that we wanted to get one going. Secondly (and perhaps more importantly depending on your priorities), they had a hot tub! After a long day of wear and tear on our muscles, we really appreciated this feature and were able to seat 5 people in there at one time.

All in all Pam and Mark were phenomenal hosts with wonderful accommodations and I would (as well as any of my group) stay with them again.

Thank you, Pam and Mark, for making my first B&B experience something to brag about! See you soon, hopefully! :)

Stayed: June 2015, traveled with friends
2  Thank bwolfert
Reviewed 18 March 2015

Was lucky enough to chance upon this lovely B&B booking some midwinter skiing with my GF. Arrived in 5 feet of snow and -45C conditions. Warm, characterful without being too twee or overly folksy, the couple who ran it are friendly and helpful and the breakfasts are top notch.
Big, clean rooms, lovely sitting room with log stove and a friendly DOG!
Easy driving distance to most of the south Vermont Ski areas.

• Stayed: February 2015, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 12 October 2014

When I look for a B&B I start with location, then I check out the reviews, I always check the lowest rating first. This B&B didn't contain any bad ones, but only had a handful of ratings, so my expectations were not extremely high. My husband and & stayed at four B&B's while on our New England Leaf Peeping Tour and this one turned out to be OUR VERY FAVORITE.

We Stayed in the Molly Stark room which is extremely roomy, with a comfortable king sized bed. The bathroom was en-suite, which is something we were looking for, privacy in a bath is an A+ for us. There are two sitting chairs, a table and a t.v. in the room, none were used though because the owners invited us to use the livingroom to relax in, and we took full advantage. There was also a hot-tub outside to use. Everything looked clean and well maintained. We felt extremely comfortable here.

Breakfast was unique, it offered us four choices, so we picked what interested us the most, and that was the tortilla, never had one for breakfast, but with eggs and ham and cheese, it was extremely good and filling. You didn't get a pre-set time like most B&B's do, but were asked to show up any time with-in the hours of 8-10, and just pick your food then, like you would a restaurant. Started out with fruit, muffins and juice, then on to the main course. Everything was excellent.

But let me go on...the hosts were the best part of the experience. They were friendly and down to earth people you would like to have as friends. They truly enjoyed what they were doing, and were fun to be around. They suggested places in the areas that we might want to visit, supplied us with map and fliers of the surrounding areas that fit our needs.

So we would like to tip our hats to our very pleasant hosts Pam and Mark the mailman. Thanks for the enjoyable time.

Room Tip: Molly Stark room was extremely large and quiet. On the main floor next to the livingroom.
  • Stayed: October 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Wendy514
Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I took a trip to Vt to snowboard at Mt. Snow (20 min from this b&b). Pam and Mark welcomed us and made us feel like family. We had never stayed at a bed and breakfast before and this just changed my whole outlook on that. From now on whenever I visit VT I will be sure to stay here. They have a hot tub outside, a nice cozy relaxing fire in the living room with board games, and the rooms are spacious!The home is all around beautiful! Their breakfast is amazing as well. If you need insight on where to go or what to do they are very helpful with that. I had a really enjoyable time at Candlelight Bed & Breakfast and I hope to return to VT soon. Thank you again Pam and Mark! :)

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We stayed here on the recommendation of another B & B which was booked the night we needed. It is quite easy to find off the Molly Stark Parkway on Hway 100 just south of Jacksonville. Pam and Mark were there to greet us. The room was great with a huge king sized bed and private bathroom, Bed was very comfy. They have a new hot tub outside which was a nice touch after a long 8 hour drive!
They gave us suggestions on where to eat in Wilmington which is about 12 minutes away.
At breakfast Pam gave us a choice of the main part of breakfast after feasting on delightful blueberry muffins. My husband had a breakfast burrito with hash browns and I had waffles with maple syrup. There were many other choices for the main.
Beautiful \New England setting on a hill--lovely with the fall colours.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
pjpete4u, Owner at Candlelight Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Thanks so much for the great review!! Much appreciated.