“Horrid horrid horrid”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 11 April 2021

Would give it a zero if it would let me. Ambiance is non existent. Place was wide open but they stilled placed at a table directly under the TV. The Italian dressing was like none other I have ever seen and had no flavor. I ordered spinach manicotti and the wife ordered chef trio (chicken parmesan, tortellini and pasta) could not tell by looking at them which was which. The red sauce had even less flavor than the Italian dressing and was watery looking. The "alfredo" sauce (or that's what I thought it was suppose to be because it was white) was the worse I have ever placed in my mouth. I've had better from a can. And oh, the noodles we did try were cooked so bad I could not tell if they were overcooked or undercooked (yes truly that bad) we had two bites and quit trying to eat the food. Horrid horrid horrid.

Date of visit: April 2021
Write a reviewReviews (90)

Reviewed 8 November 2020

You're truly better off shame eating a can of Spaghetti O's than spending your money here. Came here about a week ago and all you need to know is that the canned Chef Boyardee you have in your pantry has more flavor and love inside it than what my date and I had here. How there are so many positive reviews and how this has survived for nearly 40 years is baffling to me. Truly the worst meal I've ever had in Provo, and just about anywhere else. Couldn't get out fast enough.

My hunch is they just slop some of the the pre-made ingredients they bought from the supplier onto your plate and call it good. Watered down sauce and soup all across the board, and not even remotely authentic (been all across Italy several times, so have a pretty good idea myself).

We had the Pollo alla Parmigiana and a Gnocchi, and wasn't worth it. If anyone recommends this place, run.

Date of visit: October 2020
1  Thank johnnyprovout
Reviewed 16 October 2020 via mobile

Stab in the dark, overnighting in Provo. Perfect, spicy minestrone, excellent cannelloni. Cheap wine by the glass ☹️

Date of visit: October 2020
1  Thank WildBillSeattle
Reviewed 11 July 2020 via mobile

Great family-owned restaurant! My husband likes the penne al pesto with chicken. I change my order depending on my mood, but I love the gnocchi, spinach manicotti (vegetarian-friendly), and spinach ravioli (also vegetarian-friendly). The service here is always great, and you can usually get a table really quickly.

Date of visit: July 2020
Reviewed 16 March 2020

We first visited this restaurant 34 years ago as newlyweds. It is still very good, and affordable.
After being seated at the table, we were presented with delicious bread and oil/vinegar. Calamari appetizer arrived hot and tasty. Our waiter kept our glasses filled, and answered our questions.

We ordered a diverse set of entree's, and each person reported the food was good. Portions were good, but not impossibly large. We tried the Orange Roughy, Gnocchi, and Pasta a Gratté. I particularly enjoyed the combination of cheese flavors with the pasta.

Date of visit: March 2020