“Great service and catfish”
Review of Catfish Grill

Catfish Grill
Ranked #69 of 265 Restaurants in Wichita Falls
Description: Catfish Grill provides southern style made to order food to the Wichita Falls area.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I have always have had great service. I come for the catfish and shrimp which are fresh and well cooked. It's a nice cafe tucked away off the beaten path.

Date of visit: September 2021
Write a reviewReviews (19)

Reviewed 26 June 2021

We have eaten there twice and both times, the hush puppies were hard, overcooked and tasted like burnt grease.
The catfish was really good. The coleslaw is great and the sweet potato fries are really good and the beans are the BEST.
I spoke with the waitress about the flavor of the ketchup, it tasted AWFUL.
She said it was because it was so hot in the restaurant, which made no sense, then she said, well we mix them. Can you say GROSS! She asked, you didn't each much of it did you? I told her NO, after one bite, I couldn't. I later heard her talking to the staff that is was spoiled.
When I mentioned the hush puppies, she said it was because they make them ahead of time and then re dip them to warm them up... oh my goodness!
I'm sorry, this is just not what I want to hear.
Even though the catfish was good, I'm afraid I will have to go somewhere else.

Date of visit: June 2021
Reviewed 30 January 2020 via mobile

We visit this place whenever we happen to be in Wichita Falls. The food is not unbelievably delicious but it is consistantly good. I have tried different menu items and have found it all good. Salad bar eggs however were very overcooked with the gray ring around the yolks. FYI - that gives them a sulphery bitter taste. There is always a crock of well-seasoned pinto beans that is open for anyone who desires that side with their meal.
The atmosphere is a mix of bar and seafood decor. Needs some updating and decluttering but we observed no cleanliness issues.
The waitress who took care of us is the same each time and she is very sweet and attentive and knows her stuff. All in all - a good place to go for catfish, hamburger or sandwich.

Date of visit: January 2020
1  Thank 365jacquik
Reviewed 3 August 2019 via mobile

The menu says catfish is "fish fry style". Pieces were about 4 inches in length & about 1/2 inch thick, boneless fillets, coated with coursely ground cornmeal and fried in what smells like peanut oil. I ordered mine with onion rings (thin cut with a heavy crust) and fried okra. It was served with coleslaw and free beans. The beans are on the salad bar and are free to whoever wants them. They are cooked to tender with a thickened juice .. pot liquor?.. that is tasty and heavy with black pepper. The coleslaw was sweet and needed just a little something. Maybe a tad more vinegar? Our server, Elaina (sp?) was very attentive, helpful and friendly. Super nice!
Finally - the tarter sauce was excellent and housemade. Same for the red sauce. I added a squeeze of lemon juice to mine which made it perfect. My 2 dining companions reported they also enjoyed their fried fish & shrimp. The couple at the table near us had burgers. They look really good. Will try that next time I get to Wichita Falls. ☺

Date of visit: August 2019
1  Thank Exploration793741
Reviewed 12 December 2018

The catfish is well prepared; lightly breaded and you get PLENTY! Be sure to start your meal off with some of the beans that you get at the salad bar. I have also had a cheeseburger at "Catfish Grill" and it was thick and juicy.

Date of visit: November 2018