“A Free country I thought ”
Review of La Madeleine

La Madeleine
Get food delivered
OR
Get food delivered
Ranked #13 of 172 Restaurants in Webster
Cuisines: French
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I thought this was still a free country, then one of their employees told me to put a mask on. Then she could not hear my question so I took mask off so she could hear me. Her and the manager made me feel VERY uncomfortable. I will NOT be intimidated and I will NOT wear a STUPID MASK unless I want to. I don’t have to come hear again and I NEVER WILL!!!!!! Mossy restaurants understand you can’t eat with it on and makes no sense to have to have one on when sitting right next to me you don’t have to. NO COHERENCY!

Date of visit: February 2021
Write a reviewReviews (115)

Reviewed 14 November 2020

stopped off for late breakfast /early lunch and the place was really busy but they were so efficient at serving and cleaning up tables that there was hardly any wait time. I chose the Nouveau breakfast (avocado toast w/ scrambled eggs and bacon) which was delicious. Generous portion of bacon. Hubby chose the country french breakfast that included the potato galette which was divine (of course I sampled!!). Such a fabulous change from hash browns! Coffee was very tasty. Staff were extremely friendly and helpful. If I lived closer I'd be there weekly!

Date of visit: November 2020
Reviewed 31 January 2020

I had problem ordering to go online. I spoke to the manager of the Webster location and she immediately made things right. I was gratified by her immediate and cheerful response.

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed 6 January 2020

Ideal to meet for a chat with friends. Nice pastries and other items. Good coffee. It is a bit on the pricey side.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed 18 September 2019

The food is good but more importantly you can have a conversation while you eat. Yesterday I met a business associate at a Starbucks for coffee and a converation. We couldn't hold a conversation for all the loud music, other people talking loudly and the hard surfaces. La Madeline was perfect and a complete contrast. We were able to get some good food and drinks and actually hold a conversation without being overheard, without having to yell to be heard. It is seeming to become a rarity to find a restaurant where you can hold a conversation and not be blown out by the noise. This is my go-to breakfast place for holding a business conversation. It was not overly crowded at 8:30 AM. They open at 6:30 so you can get there early. One gripe is their menu's are starting to look a bit tired.

Date of visit: September 2019