“Great food and service”
Review of Buzzard Billy's

Buzzard Billy's
Ranked #282 of 472 Restaurants in Waco
Reviewed 11 April 2021 via mobile

We came to Waco for a birthday weekend and wanted a restaurant on the river. This place was a great find! The view was great and they have a cool koi pond in the front. Natalia, our server, was beyond amazing. She was personable and checked up on us the entire time. Even gave us tips on other sites to see in Waco. I ordered the catfish po boy and my wife ordered the Mahi Mahi tacos. Both were delicious and made perfectly. The hush puppies are too die for! They have a sweetness to them and I'll be picking up a couple orders before heading home. The mozzarella cheese sticks were amazing! They were huge but perfectly melty. Will be coming back on our next trip here!

Date of visit: April 2021
Write a reviewReviews (5)

Reviewed 17 April 2020 via mobile

My wife and I ate here because we heard the fun crowd that we heard as we were cruising down the river. She had the fish and chips and gave it a 4 out of 5 - she enjoyed as it was very flavor. I had the chicken fried steak and it was inedible so a 1 out of 5, potatoes were cold when they came out with the steak. Service was poor as my wife’s drink actually came out after the dinner, some 20 minutes after we ordered it.

Date of visit: March 2020
Reviewed 17 February 2020

With all the construction, it was easy to miss the correct exit in the dark so we had to make a circuit and come back.

Granted it was a Friday and pretty busy, so I will cut them some slack...even so the service was harried but good.

Neither of us had eaten there before so the menu was a shot in the dark.
I went with the Seafood Platter or whatever they call it. It had a fair amount of food and it was blandly cooked. I guess that either they had never been to South Louisiana or had made the food bland to cater to local taste. They used a cornmeal batter which I rarely see outside of fish camps in Louisiana.

Traveling companion got brave and ordered a stuffed eggplant which he declared to be very good.

So averaging out our impressions, I would rate it at B-...won't go again, just not my cup of tea.

Date of visit: February 2020
Reviewed 20 January 2020

All in all it is a good place I will return. I don't have a clue why they require me to continue to write when I don't want to write any more.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed 6 November 2019

Good place to eat seafood chicken fried steak were both good Enjoyed our stop here will return again on our next trip!

Date of visit: November 2019

Been to Buzzard Billy's? Share your experiences!