“Friendly Service”
Review of Magnolia Table

Magnolia Table
Ranked #39 of 426 Restaurants in Waco
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Food was good, eggs Benedict and French toast served warm, not hot. Our server Stevie was wonderful. Arrived about 6:20am l, no line at that time but when we left a line was forming. Of course decor was “fixer upper” style all the way!

1  Thank DeltaDawn83

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Firstly, the traffic circle outside the building is nuts, and parking is quite difficult. Not sure if the BBQ place next door has begun towing, but a ton of people parked over there due to the Magnolia lot being full (though it is somewhat managed by police officers). Second, the wait from the time you get to the host station (it took me half hour to get to that point) averaged 3.5 hours on both Friday and Saturday of this past week (I tried to go Friday, didn't want to wait, so came back on my way through Saturday). However, they do have two separate takeaway stations with coffee and prepared goods, as well as some outdoor seating, but you cannot order off the menu to go.
The tile work and decor was very cute, the remodeling job was, as expected, very nice. Luckily, I was only one person, so seating was quick at a bartop (hint- if you don't mind the European community table style-meet your neighbors seating, choose first available).Staff was super friendly and came over quickly. I ordered the pancake breakfast which came with a couple homemade tots, eggs, and bacon (or sausage). The pancakes, eggs, and bacon were all exceptionally salty. The person sitting next to me said his vegetarian meal was also quite salty. I asked for crispy bacon and medium eggs, and neither came out as ordered. The bacon was quickly replaced, however. The tots were awesome. They don't offer decaf espresso - bummer as everyone said the coffee was quite good.
At the end of my meal the waitress came out and said "I'd love to bring you a chocolate croissant". I said, "Well, if you brought me one, I'd eat it, but I am not going to order one", and the waitress said: "Oh, I can't do that". Another stranger sitting next to me said he was glad I'd asked because he would assume it was free otherwise...Definitely didn't appreciate the up-sell, and wonder how many people say yes, and then are surprised with the bill received.
Overall, I wouldn't wait 3-4 hours for breakfast food pretty much anywhere, and I am a huge breakfast fan; I think the food needs some help to live up to the hype. Hopefully the food gets better as time goes on and the kinks are worked out.

6  Thank coastalsummit
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Braved the line during "soft opening" and glad I did. Parking situation is terrible, so they need to work on that. Beautifully restored historic building which is Joanna perfect, as expected. Attention to detail is amazing. The line to get in line was about 30 minutes, but shady, covered seating in the pergola/patio area had abundant seating while we waited. An ap they use for your reservation keeps you perfectly informed as to when you will be seated and how many parties are ahead of you. . .makes the wait bearable. Also, kiddos can run around and not get bored. Décor inside is pure, clean, fresh, nostalgic perfection. Even the ladies room was amazing. My daughter and I and my two grandchildren sampled quite a few menu items. The deviled eggs and bacon with jalapeno jam appetizer was awesome. . .hands down the best bacon I've ever had, all sweet and crispy and that jam!!! Fluffy scrambled eggs, avocado and simple greens were beautiful and tasty. We ordered a basket of pastries which were scrumptious. My granddaughter had a hot dog and homemade tater tots. I admit I was skeptical about the tots, but boy was I wrong. They were delish!. Daughter had eggs benedict on a homemade biscuit which was amazing. Try to juice flight -- you'll be amazed. We, of course, went to the "take out" shop, and bought a few gift items. The showcase of take-out items is a piece of art. Seriously, they and their design team are SO talented. Service was fast, friendly. . .we just felt so "at home". Other than the parking, the only "flaw" may be the large communal tables in one section of the restaurant, which we felt were about a foot too wide, making conversation a little difficult. If you're in Waco, or passing through, DO NOT miss this place. It's incredible. Reasonably priced, all things considered.

1  Thank Betty P
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

At 8:33 am today we got a 35-40 wait estimate and we let them know that we were open to both the bar stool seating and communal table seating. After 45 minutes we discovered that we were still way down the line and we had probably had another 40 minutes.

Explanation was they had problems with their system today.

FAIL!

7  Thank Richard J
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We went on a Friday. It was packed to the Max! we waited 3 hours. But the 3 hour wait was worth the food and the friendly service! It Has a very calm and pleasant atmosphere about it. The coffee bar in the waiting area was an amazing idea ! They sell coffee and juices and pastry. of course we had to try the pastry as soon as we got there!I think that also helps with the Hangry Guest! Because we did not hear one person complain!We will be going back! The food was quite delicious! And I will be bringing new friends along with me!

1  Thank Angelina R