Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Texas City
Quality Inn(Texas City)(Great Value!)
US$160
QualityInn
US$96
ComfortInn
Motel 6 Texas City(Texas City)
US$66
US$113
US$109
US$85
US$81
WoodSpring Suites Texas City(Texas City)(Great Value!)
US$80
Hotels.com
US$70
US$179
Hotels.com
All reviewswould stay here againstayed herefront deskrecommend this hotelsausage gravygalveston islandnice hotelhotel breakfastbiscuitsgreat place to staystaff was friendlyshowercruiseexithighwayelevator
Reviewed 4 February 2018

This is an older property and in places it's aging gracefully but it's clean, comfortable and cared for. Beds were comfortable, bathroom was clean, toilet worked, desk chair proper size for desk. TV picture little dim but responsive controls. Best thing for me was heavy wooden hall doors so one didn't hear the loud metallic clanging all night long as people came and went. Well, that was the second best thing. First best was checking in with a teen group and the desk manager was quick, friendly and efficient. I got the kids to their rooms in under ten minutes. Believe me, that is not the norm. Safe parking lot. Easy on/off highway. Tasty breakfast. Very reasonably priced. We'll stay here next time we're competing in the area.

Room Tip: top floor is best
  • Stayed: February 2018, traveled on business
Reviewed 2 October 2017

My wife and I stayed here for a night on our way to Galveston as part of our anniversary trip. Reviews were great, but our stay was not. (I review all hotel rooms I stay in, both good and bad. This is an honest review.)
We checked in around 10 pm, went straight to our room, and there was a plate of half-eaten food on the counter. I called down to the front desk to see if someone else was staying in the room and was assured no one was. The desk man came up to the room, took the plate, and left. I jumped in the shower, only to find used soap and shampoo, along with a used washcloth. The room looked like it had been cleaned but this was just forgotten. When I pulled down the covers to the bed it was obvious that it had been slept in and someone re-made to bed to make it look unused.
I went down to the desk and waited for 10 minutes while one employee (who I believe was the manager) was on his cell phone and kept telling me the other employee would be right back. He moved us to another room.
The whole thing felt shady. I would not suggest staying there.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Stephen C
Coco2_go, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Texas City, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

Thank you for letting us know about your stay. I apologize for the disappointment you experienced and will definitely bring these issues forward with management for review. We always strive to meet the needs of our guests and we hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you in the future

Reviewed 14 September 2017

We got to the hotel late so there was only one bed available due to a family reunion, baseball tournament, etc. We got to our room and it was clean, smelt nice, perfect temperature, and very spacious. The breakfast was very good for being free. They had a good variety of things to pick from. The only bad review I can give to this hotel was that our toilet did not flush properly. We had to flush several times before it would go down. We did let the front desk know about the issue so maybe that is taken care of now. So, if you are needing a place to stop I would highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: September 2017
1  Thank Heidi S
Reviewed 15 July 2017

This affordable and comfortable Holliday Inn Express is a very good choice for families. Cheaper than Galveston Island if you don't need a view of the ocean and not far from NASA. Clean and good breakfast. A/C worked great in the hot Texas heat. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled solo
Coco2_go, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Texas City, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2017

Thank you for letting us know about your stay with us. It's wonderful to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location and enjoyed a nice and comfortable stay with us! We hope to welcome you back soon

Reviewed 18 April 2017

We stayed here the night before our cruise left Galveston. It was a nice hotel, very clean, comfortable, & I felt safe staying here with my family. Only negative to this hotel is the location doesn't have a lot of nice dining or shopping in the approximate vicinity. The positive to the location is that Galveston is only a 20 min drive. We will stay here from now on when we go on cruises!

Room Tip: very clean
  • Stayed: April 2017, traveled with family