“Went here for the first time”

Prime 101 Steakhouse
Ranked #29 of 87 Restaurants in Montgomery
Price range: US$16 - US$40
Description: Eclectic city style steakhouse. Dry Aged prime Angus steaks, Seafood, Shellfish, Pasta. Prime IOI Steakhouse caters on. And off premises. Full bar with extensive wine list.
Reviewed 11 April 2021 via mobile

Went here for the first time last week and loved it. The food was good and Sarah did a great job waiting on us. Things were a little slow but it’s a relatively new place so we forgave that. We were looking forward to going back tonight and even took our elderly parents. Unfortunately our experience was a disaster. We had Sarah again and she’s very sweet. She took our order quickly, brought drinks and bread. The appetizers came out after about 20 mins so not bad there and they tasted good. It was never explained to us but something was going on in the kitchen and they just couldn’t keep up woth the entree orders. We asked several times as the hours (yes-hours) passed with no communication or explanation. And we weren’t the only ones. Finally we told Sarah that we were going to give up and leave. No manager ever came over to talk, explain or apologize. It’s really too bad because things go wrong and we understand that, but communication is key. The fact that management didn’t care enough to help Sarah control the situation is unfortunate. She was crying as we left, and by that time it was too late to go anywhere else so we got a box of chicken at Popeyes. Not what we had in mind for a beautiful Saturday dinner. So disappointing. I don’t know if we’ll give it another chance.

Date of visit: April 2021
2  Thank Regina_Lee_121
Write a reviewReviews (23)

Reviewed 28 March 2021

This place has very friendly staff and we loved our server Holly. However, the menu is very dated and the fried shrimp and scalloped dish I ordered was unappealing. The breading fell off as soon as I cut into the large scallops and shrimp. I'm not crazy about steak, but I had a bite of my husband's and it was beautifully prepared. I loved the roasted asparagus and lobster bisque was incredible. A few updates will make a world of difference here.

Date of visit: March 2021
2  Thank 3Cousins
Reviewed 28 March 2021 via mobile

If you would like a beautifully cooked steak, this is a a good choice. However there are some things to be aware of. First if you like Mojito’s avoid ordering here, they apparently have not read the directions on how to make this drink. Second, the asparagus was not cooked at all three of our group ordered it none of us could eat it. Third, we think there must have been a shortage of staff, as we were told that the steak knives required for the steaks sitting in front of us were being washed. This led us to believe that cutlery is in short supply or dishes were way behind. Finally, the wine ordered for the main course arrived after a good portion of the meal was consumed.
For the reasons given above, I would give this restaurant a 3 out of 5.

Date of visit: March 2021
1  Thank blenchkarl
Reviewed 25 August 2020 via mobile

We dined here last night and the food was excellent. We ordered off the three course for $21.95 menu. I had the redfish with crab topping and my wife had the bleu cheese filet. Both were well prepared and served with vegetables. Portions were more than we needed. The greek salad was large and tasty. Also included dessert. Service was excellent and the quality and value exceeded my expectations. We will definitely return.

Date of visit: August 2020
Reviewed 3 August 2020 via mobile

We happened onto this restaurant while staying on Lake Conroe, what a find! The food was excellent. Our server, Mikki was exceptional. Helpful, fun and efficient. I’m sorry to say that I didn’t get the name of the young lady who greeted us at the door, because she was also friendly and welcoming. We had Steak Diane, rib eye, and mushroom ravioli. All wonderful. Love the 3 course for one price concept. We will definitely be back.

Date of visit: August 2020