Pros- Lovely staff ( ALL of them). The bedrooms are lovely, well-lit, very clean with comfortable beds and quality sheets. Free safe too ! Location is good. 12 minutes walk to the beach and promenade, 7 minutes walk to Yumba centre (lots of shops and bars), bus stop right outside, as is the taxi rank and car hire on site. Special staff mentions to Edourdo ( reception ), Yasmina (bedroom), Jose (conservatory dining room ), Daniel (bars) and Sammi & Hannes (entertainment). Cons - The drinks are dire! My holiday was saved by local British pub. Food is adequate. Tasty but repetitive. The restaurant is very noisy and busy with everyone fetching and carrying their plates. Luckily we found the conservatory which was a haven to eat peacefully! Entertainment is awful. This is mostly because of the sound system which is hopeless. The team are all enthusiastic but we could never understand a word being said. But the timing of the entertainment is weird. Sometimes there was a lovely duo singing/clarinet at the pool bar in the early evening, but it was very hit and miss. And in the theatre kids club 7.30p.m. To 8p.m. and then nothing until 8.50p.m. awards given out, then a quiz that could not be heard above the background chat and then the show at 9.30 which while we were there was mostly dance based (because of the sound system ??)Two last thoughts are the sun beds crowded right next to each other so you are rubbing elbows with strangers (towels are left on empty sunbeds all day !!) and because of the shape of the towers alot of rooms get no sun at all. We were lucky with room 457 which had a view of the pool and did get some late afternoon sun. We enjoyed our stay because it was a winter break but all inclusive is getting too conveyor belt and we will return to Playa del Ingles but in self-catering!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Five 7-storey round buildings * 3,500 m2 garden * 1.5 Km from Playa del Ingles beach * Complimentary bus service to the beach * 500 m from the city centre * 400 m from "Metro" and "Kasbah" shopping centres * 30 km from the airport * 50 m from a bus stop ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Servatur Waikiki reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Waikiki Hotel Playa Del Ingles
- Riu Waikiki Playa Del Ingles