Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Kelly C

Best holiday

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 3 weeks ago
Thank you to everyone at the hotel for such an amazing holiday. The entertainment team kept us all busy and laughing throughout. Food was so good and lots of options available. Bar staff were always friendly and really good with the kids. Weather was perfect and met some really lovely people too.
I know the hotel has some negative reviews, but I would 100% stay here again and look forward to our next visit 😊 rooms could be a bit bigger and updated but we managed with 4 of us for a week. Rooftop bar was lovely too, but no children allowed.
Date of stay: May 2024
Room Tip: Not enough sunbeds for the number of guests
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
3.9 km from Hotel Villamarina Club
Beachfront
View more hotels in Salou
3,299 results
All reviews villa marina rooftop bar bar staff every night entertainment team great holiday private pool kids club rooms are small washing machine free taxi all inclusive hotel family hotel plenty of choice something for everyone fish fingers crisps
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Date of stay: April 2024
Review collected in partnership with Jet2holidays
This review is the subjective opinion of an individual traveler and not of Tripadvisor LLC nor of its partners. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews as part of our industry-leading trust & safety standards. Read our transparency report to learn more.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was with my family on Easter Holiday for 2 weeks.
Nice stuff, good food, great animators.
Clean rooms.
In the evening, good time with bingo and shows.
I had a problem with the room (the upstairs neighbor flooded the bathroom), a very nice manager changed my room to one with a terrace, and my daughter was very happy about it.
We will happily go back there.

Date of stay: April 2024
Review collected in partnership with Jet2holidays
Reviewed May 10, 2024

Well folks I am not usually one to complain about hotels but this makes fawlty towers look like the ritz!! Rooms you couldn’t swing a cat in really badly in need of a makeover food iffy with not much choice and most of the time it’s lukewarm at best on the plus side the staff are great and helpful met some great guys from selby but really this is one to avoid

1  Thank chahammy
Reviewed May 9, 2024

Going to give a fully honest review of our experience here in early May 2024. Be warned it ended up being long!

OK, I've read a few reviews here and it is obvious they've had issues of a more personal nature shall we say, or been ripped off by their 'Travel agent' It isn't anything like a 80's throw back hotel, it isn't near a '1 star' either, it is a Spanish 3 star without doubt, that is reflected in the price, but this 3 star has some superb pluses that I'll go into later. Check it Tripadvisor reviews to others of the same Star! By the same rule it isn't any where near the best food in any AI hotel either, that is stretching it haha . My big takeaway for you here is, if you are stupid enough to book through a agent who'll obviously add on what they want more fool you, just use their own website to book or check first then book flight, they'll send the transfer to and from hotel for you!

When we got there we heard someone saying they'd paid £1.6k and the likes for a week, this clearly has put a huge bee in their bonnet, and it is clear some have been on here. That is not the hotel's owners or managers fault is it? If you are that lazy or incapable to simply book a flight, then the Hotel that is your issue. BOOK THROUGH THE HOTEL, not only will this get you a better price than any where else what ever cons you think you're winning on 'free child place' etc you won't beat their price and if you do the hotel will beat that! Booking with the hotel not only gives the money to the right people who work there and run it, but it will stop you getting robbed for a £1.6k for three people. We went with three too, one child and it cost under £800 for AI with everything in. Booking with the Hotel's own website will get you the little benefits others may not get. Some do offer free transfers yes, but the price will be a little higher, the hotel does free transfers every time. A courtesy room to get the family changed and freshened up in, in later flights. Many stop the AI after check out, Villamarina allow it until you leave on your free transfer. Also if it was your business and some leach company was paying you half of what your own bookings were, who would you want to impress more? Think about that. To me this is a no brainer.

The hotel itself. Don't go if you are a group after partying, it not happening here, don't go if you don't like kid's playing, or are after the 18's to 30's type experience etc, this is clearly a family hotel with exceptional value for money, If you BOOK WITH THE HOTEL lol
We had been here 6 years ago with our 2 year old girl just by chance. We said we would definitely return and were impressed with the entertainments. Time went by, we didn't return until last week 6 years later, as usual a little apprehensive reading some of the TA reviews (very few it must be said). We learnt they mostly have an agenda so don't be put off by the clear as day 'revenge for nothing seekers', while some have reason most don't reading them . Originally we were booking the Golden port, a 4 star highly rated, but on the check out they added another 50 euro after I agreed payment with them and the bank. That was it for me. We refused and reported their bad business practice, we were told to cancel our card by the bank etc. They put it down to exchange rates, it was not. My bank had already agree to pay the fee agreed, then they added the money, very iffy. So we decided to look elsewhere on principle alone, Villamarina came up and we remembered how good it was the years before. So we read the reviews which are higher than most 4 stars!! It is a little dated but still good condition. We saw two rooms, one was small and did oddly have the sink outside the toilet, poor architects are to blame here me thinks, or maybe it was going to just be a small shower? Anyway the room was very clean and fresh. The other room was a pool view with larger bathroom and balcony. Very nice. Again clean and fresh smelling. bed sheets and towels were fresh and clean no issues at all, put towels in bath for changing, oddly people don't seem to know this reading some reviews!

The food, well it is all inclusive at 3 star level, you are going to like some things others not, same as a 4 or even 5 star hotels, none of them hire top level chef's or you'd be paying a hell of a lot more! Plenty of salad, fresh fruit, olives, fish, meat etc. You can have beer, wine or soft drinks with you meal. The breakfast was good again some you like some you won't. The fruit juice machine is nuts lol Strong as hell mix, might be weaker next month, strong just add water as shock horror it isn't fresh juice. If you are a vegetarian you will find it very accommodating. I am now, and I had more than enough choice. Veg lasagna, Paella, rices etc. Vegans are going to struggle. I'm sure they're up on allergens but you would have to ask if you have a allergy. They also did a roast while we were there. I've have had similar food and worst at Spanish 4 stars. The food was a very good 3 star standard maybe even very near if not better than some 4 stars. Out door snack opens at times the restaurant shuts.The bar at front pool did crisp, fries, burgers, chicken nuggets, sausages, and pizza (cheese and tomato) are the main staples. The indoor bar does toasties and crisp after the evening meal, very welcome.

Now the biggie for us with this hotel, and they should feel very proud of the team they have there at the minute. The kids and entertainment team were excellent. They kept the kids happy in the day with different things thought up and played out in a small area. The adults also had various team games to be involved in while having a beer, safe in the knowledge the kids were fine and having fun! If kids entertainment is one of your main concerns they were great!! Which is why we booked.

Pools at this time of year I kept out of but were clean. When we were there plenty of loungers and chairs.

The staff, I have again read here so stories, obviously we saw nothing, no bad attitudes etc. Which is good because I saw a young boy around 8 ask for more ice cream in his bowl that was already overloaded, the staff member said to him eat what you have first, seriously the boy said 'you will give me more becasue I told you too' This kids parents want talking to! The server just smiled and repeated. I know what they must have thought!!
Bar staff were mostly there when we were their 6 years ago, as were kitchen staff so it is obviously a decent hotel to work for employing locals, happy staff in all lead to happy holiday makers. Obviously if you take the attitude this child got from somewhere you won't get the nice side of people

All in all the Villamarina club is great value for money, and I would recommend it to anyone to stay there. We had a great time and are going back, in fact we're looking at booking in August again. through the hotel itself of course! Under 1000 euro's for a weeks AI? It's like 2003 prices!! Did I say BOOK with the hotel not an agent lol.
Add to this Salou is a great place with lot to offer the holiday maker, huge theme park that put's Alton Towers and Thorpe park to shame, a smaller water park and a large one, miles of beach running right along the coast with a bike lane all the way along, with Barcelona just a train ride away!

2  Thank mancit
Reviewed May 9, 2024

Booked a cheap week in the sunshine and this hotel didn't disappoint. When reading other reviews I was apprehensive but a holiday is what you make it. The hotel is in the old town so it's a pleasant walk down to the beach front. The food was fine and always enough choice for you to not go hungry. The entertainment team were fantastic one of the best I've seen keeping both kids and adults entertained. All the staff are great and very helpful.
The room was small but was clean with comfy beds. For what we paid for a week all inclusive I couldn't complain one bit. The hot tubs in the roof are an added bonus for the adults 👌

• Trip type: Traveled with friends