Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
mancit
Manchester, United Kingdom

Great value for money, great for kids and family

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed May 8, 2024
Going to give a fully honest review of our experience here in early May 2024. Be warned it ended up being long!

OK, I've read a few reviews here and it is obvious they've had issues of a more personal nature shall we say, or been ripped off by their 'Travel agent' It isn't anything like a 80's throw back hotel, it isn't near a '1 star' either, it is a Spanish 3 star without doubt, that is reflected in the price, but this 3 star has some superb pluses that I'll go into later. Check it Tripadvisor reviews to others of the same Star! By the same rule it isn't any where near the best food in any AI hotel either, that is stretching it haha . My big takeaway for you here is, if you are stupid enough to book through a agent who'll obviously add on what they want more fool you, just use their own website to book or check first then book flight, they'll send the transfer to and from hotel for you!

When we got there we heard someone saying they'd paid £1.6k and the likes for a week, this clearly has put a huge bee in their bonnet, and it is clear some have been on here. That is not the hotel's owners or managers fault is it? If you are that lazy or incapable to simply book a flight, then the Hotel that is your issue. BOOK THROUGH THE HOTEL, not only will this get you a better price than any where else what ever cons you think you're winning on 'free child place' etc you won't beat their price and if you do the hotel will beat that! Booking with the hotel not only gives the money to the right people who work there and run it, but it will stop you getting robbed for a £1.6k for three people. We went with three too, one child and it cost under £800 for AI with everything in. Booking with the Hotel's own website will get you the little benefits others may not get. Some do offer free transfers yes, but the price will be a little higher, the hotel does free transfers every time. A courtesy room to get the family changed and freshened up in, in later flights. Many stop the AI after check out, Villamarina allow it until you leave on your free transfer. Also if it was your business and some leach company was paying you half of what your own bookings were, who would you want to impress more? Think about that. To me this is a no brainer.

The hotel itself. Don't go if you are a group after partying, it not happening here, don't go if you don't like kid's playing, or are after the 18's to 30's type experience etc, this is clearly a family hotel with exceptional value for money, If you BOOK WITH THE HOTEL lol
We had been here 6 years ago with our 2 year old girl just by chance. We said we would definitely return and were impressed with the entertainments. Time went by, we didn't return until last week 6 years later, as usual a little apprehensive reading some of the TA reviews (very few it must be said). We learnt they mostly have an agenda so don't be put off by the clear as day 'revenge for nothing seekers', while some have reason most don't reading them . Originally we were booking the Golden port, a 4 star highly rated, but on the check out they added another 50 euro after I agreed payment with them and the bank. That was it for me. We refused and reported their bad business practice, we were told to cancel our card by the bank etc. They put it down to exchange rates, it was not. My bank had already agree to pay the fee agreed, then they added the money, very iffy. So we decided to look elsewhere on principle alone, Villamarina came up and we remembered how good it was the years before. So we read the reviews which are higher than most 4 stars!! It is a little dated but still good condition. We saw two rooms, one was small and did oddly have the sink outside the toilet, poor architects are to blame here me thinks, or maybe it was going to just be a small shower? Anyway the room was very clean and fresh. The other room was a pool view with larger bathroom and balcony. Very nice. Again clean and fresh smelling. bed sheets and towels were fresh and clean no issues at all, put towels in bath for changing, oddly people don't seem to know this reading some reviews!

The food, well it is all inclusive at 3 star level, you are going to like some things others not, same as a 4 or even 5 star hotels, none of them hire top level chef's or you'd be paying a hell of a lot more! Plenty of salad, fresh fruit, olives, fish, meat etc. You can have beer, wine or soft drinks with you meal. The breakfast was good again some you like some you won't. The fruit juice machine is nuts lol Strong as hell mix, might be weaker next month, strong just add water as shock horror it isn't fresh juice. If you are a vegetarian you will find it very accommodating. I am now, and I had more than enough choice. Veg lasagna, Paella, rices etc. Vegans are going to struggle. I'm sure they're up on allergens but you would have to ask if you have a allergy. They also did a roast while we were there. I've have had similar food and worst at Spanish 4 stars. The food was a very good 3 star standard maybe even very near if not better than some 4 stars. Out door snack opens at times the restaurant shuts.The bar at front pool did crisp, fries, burgers, chicken nuggets, sausages, and pizza (cheese and tomato) are the main staples. The indoor bar does toasties and crisp after the evening meal, very welcome.

Now the biggie for us with this hotel, and they should feel very proud of the team they have there at the minute. The kids and entertainment team were excellent. They kept the kids happy in the day with different things thought up and played out in a small area. The adults also had various team games to be involved in while having a beer, safe in the knowledge the kids were fine and having fun! If kids entertainment is one of your main concerns they were great!! Which is why we booked.

Pools at this time of year I kept out of but were clean. When we were there plenty of loungers and chairs.

The staff, I have again read here so stories, obviously we saw nothing, no bad attitudes etc. Which is good because I saw a young boy around 8 ask for more ice cream in his bowl that was already overloaded, the staff member said to him eat what you have first, seriously the boy said 'you will give me more becasue I told you too' This kids parents want talking to! The server just smiled and repeated. I know what they must have thought!!
Bar staff were mostly there when we were their 6 years ago, as were kitchen staff so it is obviously a decent hotel to work for employing locals, happy staff in all lead to happy holiday makers. Obviously if you take the attitude this child got from somewhere you won't get the nice side of people

All in all the Villamarina club is great value for money, and I would recommend it to anyone to stay there. We had a great time and are going back, in fact we're looking at booking in August again. through the hotel itself of course! Under 1000 euro's for a weeks AI? It's like 2003 prices!! Did I say BOOK with the hotel not an agent lol.
Add to this Salou is a great place with lot to offer the holiday maker, huge theme park that put's Alton Towers and Thorpe park to shame, a smaller water park and a large one, miles of beach running right along the coast with a bike lane all the way along, with Barcelona just a train ride away!
₱11,012
3.9 km from Hotel Villamarina Club
Beachfront
View more hotels in Salou
3,316 results
All reviews villa marina rooftop bar bar staff every night entertainment team great holiday private pool kids club rooms are small washing machine free taxi all inclusive hotel family hotel plenty of choice something for everyone fish fingers crisps
Selected filters
Reviewed May 9, 2024

Booked a cheap week in the sunshine and this hotel didn't disappoint. When reading other reviews I was apprehensive but a holiday is what you make it. The hotel is in the old town so it's a pleasant walk down to the beach front. The food was fine and always enough choice for you to not go hungry. The entertainment team were fantastic one of the best I've seen keeping both kids and adults entertained. All the staff are great and very helpful.
The room was small but was clean with comfy beds. For what we paid for a week all inclusive I couldn't complain one bit. The hot tubs in the roof are an added bonus for the adults 👌

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed May 8, 2024

It was an absolute pleasure to stop at the villa marina club hotel, The food was some of the very best we have had at all inclusive style hotels ,it was very much geared to the English palette with a smattering of world cuisine as well, it was all cooked well and piping hot ,snack bar was also fantastic.
The bar area is well stock and staff always working hard ,the drinks were good quality ,the entertainment area was well cleaned and organised .
The entertainment team are a joy ,rob and his team are enthusiastic for all ages throughout all the day, we enjoyed every minute with them.
The reception staff are pleasant and well informed ,our room was spotless and modern ,cleaned when it was supposed to be and the towels changed every day. It was also nice and quite at night .
Well done to all at the villa marina !!

Room tip: take a kettle
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank shaun n
Reviewed May 7, 2024

Was going to write a big review, but all I'm going to say is don't waste your money.
It's not even a 3 star. I'd give it 1 star
It's like being stuck in an 80s time warp.
More like hostel than hotel. Food crap. Drink crap. View from balcony - rooftops and solar panels. Truth is, I'd rather be home in the rain !

Date of stay: May 2024
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 6, 2024 via mobile

A very cheep holiday and you get what you pay for . We traveled with our daughter her partner and their 3 year old . The rooms were adequate found it strange to have the sink outside the bathroom . But the rooms were ok . Had 2 x king size beds and a dressing table and wardrobe x balcony was small only room enough for one chair and no view at all only trees . The entertainment was as expected but no kids club as such . I have two downsides the first one was at the mini disco which our granddaughter loved there was a lot of older children and adults joining in that pushed the little kids to one side and this was not addressed by staff so the smaller kids were left on the sides watching the older kids 12+ and adults doing the kids dances !!!! Really !!!
The weather was not good so this was the highlight of my granddaughters holiday but she got (accidentally) lashed with a skipping rope by an older kid and hit with a hoola hoop ! There were groups if 100’s of school trip children there who were very polite and very well behaved ! Credit to the school and teachers ! The other down side was in the restaurant we always seemed to get sat next to the bread cutting station and the amount of people touching the bread was amazing ! Maybe the should be a sign asking to use the napkins provided !
The hotel is a bit out of the way but we knew this . I would not return but for the price I’d was an ok family break

Date of stay: April 2024
Reviewed April 30, 2024 via mobile

Upon reading reviews we were quite weary about this hotel. That soon changed we went for 7 nights with port aventura 3 day passes all inclusive for only £880 for 2 adults & 2 kids.

When we arrived the front of the hotel is lovely big pool on the left and another along with kids pool on the right. We were taken for checkin. The room we got wasn't suitable for the pram so we asked at reception and got moved to a bigger room. We lost the tiny balcony but that didnt matter you wont use it anyways.

The food was easy 10/10 with loads of selections for everyone. We ate out one night at roadhouse and boy was that a mistake, should of stayed at the hotel. Breakfast was always 10/10, lunch was always slightly smaller and quieter and dinner was always amazing. The only gripe I have is there was the odd dirty plate put back out but just look through the stack and set it aside no big deal its a busy restaurant. A little tip is they do toasties at the bar from 9-1030 at night.

The entertainment was that of a 5 star hotel, the staff were so good with the kids doing activities all day and certificates at the mini disco each night. I had full trust in the childrens entertainers they were so good I cannot recommend them enough. The adults entertainment was brilliant as well with games all day and loads on at night.

The staff were also amazing always talking and saying hello opening doors and lifting the pram for us, cudnt fault them. Actually got talking to the manager who told me of renovations to make the hotel nicer but would just take time.

The pools were awesome as well loads of loungers available in april. The pool snack bar was really good as well so handy for the kids.

To summarise we found it that good of value we extended our holiday by another 3 nights the manager done us a great deal as did jet 2. Would I come back? Absolutely as long as you arent a snob you will be fine. Dont expect a 5 star resort for 2 star prices. It has its little niggles but the staff, food and entertainment make up for it

Room tip: Pools are cold just jump straight in you'll get used to it. Toasties at the bar after 9pm.
Date of stay: April 2024